- Fix youtube add-on
- Fix: "Open Links in Popup" add-on - cache now refreshes content when imported pages/posts are modified manually
- Fix: Added more years in the feed processing date range
- Fix youtube add-on
- Fix: "Open Links in Popup" add-on - cache now refreshes content when imported pages/posts are modified manually
- Fix: Added more years in the feed processing date range
- Fix Import Images add-on fail for relative URLs
- Fix disable sanitization add-on not work with youtube add-on
- Fix bug only pull first paragraph
- Fix bug can not assign posts to blog in feed editor in network
- Fix wrong utf character
- Sort blogs as Alphabetically in feed edit -> Add posts to
- Fix strip images
- Fix youtube add-on
- Bring back twitter add-on
- Fix duplicate bug
- Fix bug except by paragraph not working properly
- Update cache images and cache feature images
- Open links in popup add-on, this add-on will force every links from the feed to open in popup.
- Due to the twitter API updated, the twitter add-on is outdate, so temporarily remove it
- CDN Mime Filter add-on. Wordpress rejects images without extensions, such as are sent by some CDN services.
- This add-on checks the files mime type directly and passes it if in the standard Wordpress list of allowed types.
- Fixed problem with testing for CRON access.
- WPML addon missing closing "}" caused crash if activated.
- Added test for proper Cron function on WP and an error message explaining the options to work around the problems.
- Added Regular Expression Match field to allow generic matching of HTML text like /
- Create a new Add-on "Clean Face" , which Cleans and Patches the Fackbook RSS Feed which doesn't validate in the ffirst place.
- Created a new Add-on "WPML Languages", to properly inform WPML of autoblog posts. Without it it WPML will not display the autoblogged posts.
- Filter to repair Facebook spoofed relative links.
- Fixed the "Any tags" filter. Previously rejected multiple tags.
- Fixed Post Formats Addon
- Fixed feed "Last Processed" date column to render it with gmt offset
- Fixed original date importing issue
- Fixed strip all images addon
- Fixed images import which contains spaces in the name
- Implemented ability to import featured image from enclosure
- Improved post type rendering at all feeds screen
- Improved performance of dashboard page
- Improved images addons to skip all invalid images from being imported
- Improved feed items filtering, now the plugin filters them by whole words
- Fixed YouTube import addon issue
- Fixed dashboard chart date range rendering
- Fixed dashboard log cleanup process
- Fixed feed last processing time and next check time rendering
- Implemented ability to filter feed details before processing
- Fixed image import bug
- Fixed feed post excerpts settings saving
- Fixed bug with assigning author to posts and images
- Implemented fatal errors catching during feed processing
- Implemented ability to export log records
- Implemented ability to clone a feed
- Implemented ability to select default thumbnail
- Fixed Uncategorized taxonomy issue
- Added YouTube feeds importer add-on.
- Added ability to adjust dashboard cache TTL time
- Fixed dashboard styles for feeds with long title
- Fixed taxonomy processing issue
- Fixed Append Text To Post add-on issue with multi byte string position detection
- Fixed issue with not shown "Open this link in a new window" check box for new feeds
- Implemented ability to use shortcodes inside appended text
- Implemented add-on which strips all images from a post
- Implemented force feed add-on
- Implemented disable sanitization add-on
- Implemented ability to update posts when duplicate is found
- Implemented ability to create/assign custom taxonomy to custom post type during import
- Implemented new dashboard pivot chart
- Implemented ability to clear log records
- Reworked images import to prevent downloading the same image multiple times
- Reworked featured images importing to prevent double downloading the same images
- Removed debug images add-on
- Implemented an ability to open links to original sources into a separate windows.
- Implemented an ability to import featured images declared via MEDIA namespace.
- Changed featured image import addon. It doesn't import all images anymore.
- Fixed issues with backslashes in appended text.
- Fixed issue with author determination.
- Fixed minor errors and warnings.
- Updated image import add-ons to check for multi-site installs and process accordingly
- updated image import for explicit domain change / content update
- added extra debug messages into image import
- updated include / require calls to include directory path
- Fixed capability for network pages
- Update image imports to handle schema-less urls
- Fix for relative image urls replacement in post body
- Updated image import add-ons to handle relative image urls
- Updated use original permalinks add-on to add an initial method of excluding it from running with certain feeds
- Updated admin menu display rules
- Added collation to table creation to enforce utf8 where appropriate
- Fixed any warnings from WP3.6 RC
- Checks for existing user / author by email address if a match isn't found by username
- Added canonical link header add-on
- Added original author display add-on
- Rewrote use external permalink add-on
- Added post footer (with post specific placeholders) add-on
- Changed to use a multi-byte parse_url call for UTF8 post content
- Added Validate Feed link to enable quick check of feed validity
- Updated Image import add-ons to attempt to enforce correct (mapped) domain on image import
- Updated language file with latest strings.
- updated ajax category call to include the none option in edit pages
- updated image imports to parse full post when user has autoblog creating excerpts
- Added settings for each feed to determine the order of processing images to set featured image.
- Added settings for each feed to set the minimum width and height for a featured image.
- Added a debug image import add-on to send an image import report to a specified email address for each feed.
- added code to import images urls that start //
- added code to check image meta for minimum size before setting as a featured image - AUTOBLOG_FEATURED_IMAGE_MIN_WIDTH and AUTOBLOG_FEATURED_IMAGE_MIN_HEIGHT
- added abbr tag showing the url for a feed in feed list
- fixed image import when run over cron
- fixed image import and set featured image when run over cron
- added extra time periods to process
- added option to use the guid for duplicate checking instead of the url link
- added option to use the last image in a post as the featured one rather than the first
- Added html decode to make sure content:encoded content is in UTF-8 before parsing
- Added code to store the original author, name and email (where available) as post meta information
- Fixed error when trying to create categories for a feed
- Fixed author object bug causing _mysql_real_escape warnings
- Added cache and set featured image add-on.
- Fixed cache image problem with some feeds having hidden “read” images without extensions.
- Changed option setting code to detect if network activated plugin.
- Fixed issue with historical log entries not deleting on single site installs.
- Fixed blog authors selection in edit form and setting on import.
- Removed any extra notifications
- Added backwards compatibility for WP 3.4.x for get_user function
- Removed any warnings and depreciated function calls
- Ready for WP3.5
- Fixed clear up function bug
- Fixed "no item" bug on some feeds
- Fixed issue with clearing of log entries on single site WP installs / activation
- Reduced WP feed caching to a default of 1 minute - can be changed by setting the AUTOBLOG_SIMPLEPIE_CACHE_TIMELIMIT define to the number of required seconds
- Changed CSS styling for WP 3.4+
- Added feed level option to switch off force SSL verification so that self signed feeds can be processed
- Added new wpmudev dashboard notification class.
- Added: config option to allow easy switching between using wp-cron and plugins own pageload based scehduler - see includes/config.php for settings
- Added: Test link under each Feed to run a system test (with verbose output) of what the plugin would do with the feed at that point in time.
- Updated: changed old debug mode to now be a reporting mode.
- Updated: added new, and changed existing reporting messages to detail the operation of the plugin more verbosely.
- Updated: updated language file with new strings
- Fix: changed cron hook in case there was a conflict with earlier versions of the plugin
- Fix: ensured all timestamp calls use the WP function to get the localised time
- Fix: removed all notices, warnings and depreciated function calls.
- Fix: Set non cron processing to be every minute, rather than every 10 minutes (option to change this is in the includes/config.php file)
- Moved post processing action to very end as large image imports were sometimes timing out and preventing full processing of posts.
- Added add-on to import any external images in posts to the media library and attach to the correct post.
- Updated the previously processed and next processing times to show the relative times (still displays actual date and time when hovered over).
- Moved from custom scheduler to wp-cron
- Changed Autoblog list to a more standard interface
- Change original source addon to only show at display time to complete posts, so removes excerpts issue
- Added new tooltips
- Added 'Import only x most recent posts' option
- Updated addon loading functions to force addons type
- Added use external permalinks addon
- Checked for WP3.3 compatibility
- Updates to fix issues with multi-site feeds not being updated
- Added Network wide addons for multi-site installs
- Added repair addon to repair any damaged feeds and reset counters.
- Updated twitter and youtube addons
- Added extra configuration options to show damaged feeds in the admin area so they can be repaired and attempt to force tags to be added - enabled by default.
- Added extra post meta data to store the name of the feed used to import posts
- Added filter to the source link to allow it to the customised.
- Fixes category_exists issue in autoblog processing class
- Fixed translation issue
- Fixed default siteid setting for single WP installs.
- Added fixes to enable single WP usage
- Fixed disappearing feeds issue
- Added post formats add on
- Moved all addons from Plugins directory to Addons directory
- Added extra hooks for integration with autoblog edit/add forms
- Added basic feed entry check add-on
- Added extra configuration options to set processing timelimits, timeouts, and processing options to enable finer-grained control over when the feeds are processed.
- Added function_exists checks for some functions that aren't declared when WP single site is running.
- Updated flot library and excanvas
- Updated language files and ensured all translatable text is marked correctly
- Updated admin page processing.
- Updated feed list tables with extra columns
- Updated network admin side tables with extra columns
- Fixed setting of target sites
- Added display of site that feed will be processed on in edit and add forms
- Last and Next processing dates now work (and display) with the timezone of each site.
- Fixed plugins activation
- Added reset autoblog plugin
- Added Network admin interface to let admin user to add feeds and posts
- to other blogs/sites.
- Added ability to set feed categories as categories or tags
- Fixed HTML for feed edit/add pages
- Checked and updated for WP3.2 compatibility
- Fixed local timezones parsing and editing
- Added plugins section and admin interface
- Added Twitter feed parser add-on and widget
- Added initial youtube feed parser add-on
- Extra checks added around the switch_to_blog and restore_current_blog calls for single site compatibility.
- Added single WP install capability
- Added plugins folder for autoblog extensions / add-ons
- Added pre and post processing hooks
- Added pre insert filters
- Added post insert hooks
- Added option to choose post_type for import
- Upgraded version number
- Changed ID for automatic update notification system
- Share posts from multiple sites in one feed
- Word, phrase, tag and expression filters
- Auto publish or queue posts for review
- Import images and strip image tags
- YouTube and Facebook import
- Link to original posts
Want to repost blog content from multiple sites to one place? Automate posting to WordPress and Multisite using RSS feeds with Autoblog.
No code required. No complicated instructions. Just copy and paste a feed URL and Autoblog will start importing content to your blog.
Content From Anywhere
Schedule regular importing and keep your thread filled with fresh, relevant content from all over the web.
If you manage multiple blogs Autoblog can save you a bunch of time. Click publish and Autoblog will import and publish your post to the rest of your sites.
The Control You Need
Post the most relevant content to your blog every time. Use word, phrase, expression and tag filters to control what posts import.
Set tags, categories and custom author information.
Give Credit Where Credit Is Due
Set Autoblog to only post an excerpt from imported posts. Link readers back to the original source to help build a bigger network of followers.
Link backs and cross promotion is a great way to build your site.
Tons of Add-ons
Extend function by activating any of the 17 included add-ons.
Improve feed compatibility, import or strip post images, use original featured image, WPML support, auto tweet, embed video from a YouTube feed – It’s everything you need in one plugin.
Remember – with great power comes great responsibility. Sharing content should always be done with permission of the author.
To Get Started:
Please note that Autoblog pulls in content from RSS feeds. So if the content is not included in a feed, the plugin cannot fetch it. :)
Login to your admin panel for WordPress or Multisite and activate the plugin:
- On regular WordPress installs – visit Plugins and Activate the plugin.
- For WordPress Multisite installs – Activate it blog-by-blog (say if you wanted to make it a Pro Sites premium plugin), or visit Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate the plugin.
Once installed and activated, you will see a new menu item in your admin: Autoblog.
Let’s start this overview by getting a feel for the reporting features of this plugin.
Go ahead and click on the Dashboard link in the Autoblog menu now. If this is the first time you install Autoblog, there won’t be any data to display on that page yet. Don’t worry, we’ll get that fixed up in a jiffy!
However, if you have just updated your Autoblog install to the latest version (4.0), you should see that page already populated with data from your current feeds.
The graph at the top gives you a quick overview of Autoblog activity over the course of the last 7 days.
Hover your mouse pointer over any day to pop up a few details about that day’s imports.
- How many feeds were processed
- How many items were imported
- How many errors were logged
Want all the juicy details about a particular day’s import activity? No problem. Scroll down in the list of feeds beneath the graph until you find the date you want.
In the title bar of each feed, handy icons show you the day’s activity for that particular one.
- How many new items were imported during the day
- How many times that feed was processed during the day
- How many errors were logged for that feed during the day
Now click on the title of the feed you want to view.
The first entry will tell you how many new items were imported that day. Each subsequent entry gives you all the details about each imported or updated item. Yes, you read that right, you can set your Autoblog feeds to re-import feed items and keep them updated on your site. How cool is that?
The title of each entry links to the original source of the feed item, while the (view post) link at the end goes to the post on your site.
Awesome stuff, you say? We agree. :)
Let’s now take a look at what goes on under the All Feeds menu item. Click that now.
This page displays all your feeds in a familiar format.
Hover your mouse pointer over any feed to reveal the actions you can take for each one.
- The Edit link will open the feed editor so you can adjust things if you need to.
- Click the Clone link to create a duplicate feed that you can then adjust.
- Click Process to manually override the import schedule and process the feed immediately.
- The Validate link will automatically redirect to w3.org with the correct URI appended so you be sure your feed is OK.
- And of course, Delete will delete the feed permanently.
Creating a Feed
Before we get into all the addons you can activate for Autoblog, let’s first take a look at the basic settings for creating or editing a feed. Click the Add New button at the top of the All Feeds page.
There are a lot of options on this page, so let’s go over them in sections.
The first section is where you name & describe your feed.
- The Your Title field is where you should enter a memorable name for your feed.
- The Feed URL is, well, the URL for your feed. You can usually get that URL by clicking the RSS icon on the site you want the feed from. Some sites might use a service like Feedburner where the URL would look like this: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ICanHasCheezburger …that’s one of my favorites. :)
- In the Add posts to dropdown, select the site in your network where you want the feed to post the feed items. Note that if you are running a single site install, this will simply display the name of your site.
- Post type for new posts will display all the post types available on the site you just selected. All feed items imported by this feed will be added to your selected site as the post type you select here.
- Select the Default status for new posts imported by your feed.
- Finally, to Set the date for new posts, you can choose either the date the post was imported to your site, or the original date of the post on the source site.
Next up, the author details section.
- Set author for new posts enables you to select an existing user on your site, or attempt to use the original author from the source site.
- If you have selected original feed author above, and If author in feed does not exist locally use an existing author on your site.
The Taxonomies section enables you to fine-tune how imported posts should be categorized on your site.
- Select to Treat feed categories as any taxonomy associated with the post type you chose above.
- Check the Add any that do not exist checkbox to automatically create any taxonomy terms that are needed and that don’t already exist on your site. Watch out though. Checking this could potentially create hundreds of additional categories on your site if you are importing a feed from a public site where folks can tag their posts willy-nilly.
- At Assign posts to this category, you can also select to assign existing categories on your site to all imported items.
- Enter a comma-separated list of additional tags you want on all imported items in the Add these tags to the posts field.
The Post Filtering section it quite powerful. It enables you to identify exactly which feed items to import by specifying the content that should or should not be present in feed items. This way, you can filter out stuff that has no business being on your site.
- At All of these words, you can specify all words that must be present in a feed item for it to be imported.
- You can also specify that imported items must contain Any of these words. If any word you enter here is found in a feed item, it will be imported.
- If you wish, you can specify The exact phrase that must be present in the title or content of feed items.
- You can also filter out feed items that should contain None of these words. Feed items with any words entered here will not be imported. Great for filtering out profanity on PG-13 sites. :)
- Finally, you can specify that imported items must contain Any of these tags. Only feed items that have been categorized or tagged on the source site with terms you enter here will imported.
This section enables you to specify how much content should be imported in each feed item.
- Select to Use full post or an excerpt in imported items. Note that if the feed only contains excerpts anyway, Autoblog cannot fetch the full content from the source site.
- If you have selected to import excerpts, then at For excerpts use, enter the number of Words, Sentences or Paragraphs your imported excerpts should contain.
- The Link to original source field is where you can specify the text that will appear after each imported item, and that will link to the original item on the source site.
- Check Ensure this link is a nofollow one if you are concerned about a possible negative impact on your site’s PageRank. See this article at Google for more.
- Check Open this link in a new window to, well, you know. :)
Feed processing is where you schedule how much of the feed should be imported, how often, and how to import it.
- First, select to Import the most recent number of posts (feed items) that you want. You can set it to import up to 100 items each time the feed is processed.
- Then select the frequency at which to Process this feed. You can also pause the feed by setting this to “Never”.
- Starting from and Ending on is where you can specify the date range for the imported items you want. If you don’t want it to stop, leave the Ending on fields blank.
- Set Force SSL verification to “No” if you are getting SSL errors, or if your feed uses a self-signed SSL certificate.
- Set Override duplicates to “Yes” if you want to update previously imported items with any new content that may be available. Set this to “No” to skip any duplicates in the feed.
If you’ve been setting up your first feed while following along, now’s the time to click the Create Feed button at the bottom right of your screen. If you do not want to keep the feed you just set up, simply click Cancel.
Once you’ve created your feed, you’ll be redirected to the All Feeds page where a nice little confirmation will appear at the top of the screen.
You may not see details appear immediately on the Autoblog Dashboard screen as importing the feed items and processing can take a bit of time. Patience, Grasshopper. :)
Now it’s time to have a play with all the cool addons that you can activate for Autoblog.
As you can see, there are quite a few addons! Let’s take at look at each one, shall we?
Allow Force Feed
This addon adds a new checkbox at the bottom of the feed settings page that allows you to override feed validation, and force a feed to process even if it has an incorrect MIME type. This can help with compatibility for unusual feeds. Use with caution.
Append text to post
This one enables you to append some custom content to the end of each imported feed item. You can also use any shortcodes you need to here.
A variety of placeholders are available to dynamically insert the text too:
- %ORIGINALPOSTURL% adds a link to the original post on the source site.
- %FEEDURL% displays the URL of the feed used to fetch the post.
- %FEEDTITLE% displays the title of the feed.
- %POSTIMPORTEDTIME% displays the time at which the post was imported.
- %FEEDID% will display the ID of the feed.
- %ORIGINALPOSTGUID% the ID provided for the post through the feed.
- %ORIGINALAUTHORNAME% will display the name of the author of the post from the source site.
- %ORIGINALAUTHOREMAIL% will display the original author’s email if available in the feed.
- %ORIGINALAUTHORLINK% will display a link to the original author’s profile on the source site if available.
Canonical link in header
This addon doesn’t add any option to the feed settings page. What it does do is link the post title to the original source. This can be very handy if you are sourcing content from a variety of sites (like a news aggregation site) and using excerpts. Visitors to your site who wish to read the full article will be redirected to the source site.
Check Feed Entries
This one checks to make sure the blog id entries match in each feed entry.
This addon cleans non-validating feeds like Facebook, it fixes Facebook spoofed relative links. No further options are provided, it simply does its task once activated.
Allows you to override feed content sanitization and force a feed to import bare content even if it has usually blocked tags. This can help with compatibility for unusual feeds. Use with caution.
Featured Image Import
This addon will import the featured image along with the feed item. It also adds the image to your media library, attaches it to the imported post, and marks it as featured image.
Once activated, you can select which type of image in the feed item to use on your site as the featured image.
- Don’t import featured image (turns the feature off for this feed without deactivating the addon).
- Use media:thumbnail tag of a feed item.
- Find the first image within content of a feed item.
- Find the last image within content of a feed item.
- You can also upload a default image to use if no image is found or imported.
This addon imports any/all images in a feed item to your media library and attaches them to the imported post. It doesn’t provide any additional options, simply activate and it takes care of the image imports!
Open links in popup
A very powerful and handy addon, this one lets you display imported posts within a popup dialog. Once activated, you’ll see an Open Link in Popup section in the feed settings.
Tick the Do you want to turn off this feature for this feed option to exclude this particular feed from using this feature. This lets you easily disable to feature on a per-feed basis.
Enter any domains that you want to exclude, one per line, within the Domain you want to exclude text area.
Tick the Always refresh content option to automatically re-index the link anytime you want to update the content. Any time the feed is processed, the content will be refreshed with any changes in the original articles.
Post formats addon
This addon lets you specify a post format on a per-feed basis. When activated, you’ll see a new Post format for new posts section when creating or editing a feed, where you’ll be able to specify the post format of your choice.
Replace Author Information
This one has no settings either. It simply replaces the author details shown on a post with those of the original author from the source site.
This addon removes all image tags from the imported post content and allows you to replace those tags with your own custom text.
This addon adds a Twitter post type and processes tweets to have correct links.
Use External Permalinks
This add-on lets you link to the original post using the post’s permalink. When reader’s click the post’s link, they’ll be taken to the original article.
If you use WPML, you’ll need a way to ensure the plugin is notified of post additions done through Autoblog. This addon takes care of that, ensuring WPML is notified so that posts can automatically get translated. Simply activate and it’ll take care of the rest.
YouTube Feed Import
A very handy add-on for video content, this one lets you pull a YouTube feed, adding the video to the beginning of a post. There are no additional options for this add-on but once activated, you can link to a YouTube feed url and it will take care of parsing the feed and pulling video content as new posts.
The plugin attempts to create a database table. If it isn’t automatically created then you need to run the following SQL on your database:
CREATE TABLE wp_autoblog ( feed_id bigint(20) NOT NULL auto_increment, site_id bigint(20) default NULL, blog_id bigint(20) default NULL, feed_meta text, active int(11) default NULL, nextcheck bigint(20) default NULL, lastupdated bigint(20) default NULL, PRIMARY KEY ( feed_id), KEY site_id (site_id), KEY blog_id (blog_id), KEY nextcheck (nextcheck) )
If you are using the Multi-DB system, then you need to create the table in your global database and ensure you have added the “autoblog” table as a global table in your configuration file.
Autoblog is covered by the WPMU DEV Guarantee
We guarantee that...
- Autoblog will work as advertised
- You will receive 24/7 365 expert support for any problem
- If you cancel your FREE trial, you can keep Autoblog
- Autoblog is secure, always updated and well coded
Money back guarantee!
While you have 30 days, no obligations risk-free trial of WPMU DEV if you become a paid member and are dissatisfied with any of the above we'll refund you, no questions asked.
Loads of Options and Add-Ons
Quickly share content from multiple locations.
- Unlimited feeds
- Publish posts by default
- Set post date
- Control tags
- Control categories
- Filter import by word
- Filter import by phrase
- Manual import
- Scheduled import
- Force SSL verification
- Duplicate override
- Stats and graphs
- Daily reporting
- Force feed validation
- Append text to posts
- Link to orignal post
- Fix and clean Facebook posts
- Import bare content
- Import post images
- Set feature image
- Set post formatting
- Open post links in popup
- Replace author information
- Strip image tags
- Auto tweet
- Create original URL for post
- WPML compatible
- YouTube feed import