Blog Directory creates a simple and customizable list of all the sites on your network.
This easy to use plugin completely automates site list management so you can set it, and forget it. Every added site, tagline change and deleted blog instantly updates for an always current directory.
Adapts to fit your theme’s style
By default, Blog Directory grabs style elements from your design to integrate perfectly with every theme. Or add a splash of color for a little extra flare using the integrated color customization tool.
Users can quickly discover and navigate blogs on your network with the built-in directory search. Each setting, from display order to listings per page, can be adjusted with a click.
Do more with WPMU DEV
Pair Blog Directory with other premium plugins and get more. Activate Pro Sites and limit your site list to only paid blogs or install Avatars and display a blog avatar for each site in your directory.
Save time with Blog Directory – instant setup and a streamlined site list you don’t have to micromanage.
- Download the plugin file
- Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive
- Upload /blogs-directory/ folder to /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your site
- Visit Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate it there.
Note: If you have an older version of the plugin installed in /mu-plugins/ please delete it.
- That’s it! No configuration necessary!
It should auto create a page called “Sites” on your main site where anyone can search to locate a site. On the off chance the page isn’t auto created all you need to do is create a page with the slug “blogs” without the quotes.
Changing how sites are displayed in your Site Directory is as simple as pie.
You will see the following screen under Network Admin > Settings > Site Directory
Searching for a site is a real snap too.
1. Go to your new Site Directory, and click on the site you want to check out.
2. Or use the built-in search feature that enables your users to find exactly what they are looking for on your network. They can even search for individual words in the site names or descriptions. Say, for example, you just know there’s a cool site in the network with a bunch of drawing tutorials, but can’t remember the name. No problem, simply enter a likely word in the search form, and all sites containing that word will be returned in the results. How cool is that?
You can change the page slug used by Blogs Directory by opening blogs-directory.php and editing the slug on line 37, which by default reads as follows:
Blog Directory Features
Blog Directory simplifies your workflow
- Add site directory instantly on activation
- Automated site list management
- Simple color customization
- Choose directory display order– alphabetical, recently updated and newest
- Site search for quick navigation
- Manage list length with paginate
- Toggle description display and rename directory page
- Convenient single-page settings
- Display blog avatars on site list using Avatars
- Integrate seamlessly with Pro Sites
- Built entirely for Multisite and BuddyPress