Compatibility WordPress 4.1.1, Multisite 4.1.1, BuddyPress 2.2.1
Business gives you all the power of a content management system along with the community features of BuddyPress available in 4 beautiful preset styles with the ability to create your own look easily.
Packed full of features and configurations, BuddyPress Business is the perfect new theme for your site. It comes in 4 business type but still modern theme styles to bring the edge back to business.
You don’t have to be running a business site though for this theme to work as it’s got a ton of options to turn on and off and can easily work for any site type.
Here is a list of the features of BuddyPress Business:
- 4 page templates
- 2 feature templates
- Easily configurable community feature page
- Fully customizable front and community page sections
- Post images without the need for custom fields and even set the size
- Latest news section configurable to a category
- Configurable messages through out the site
- Add a RSS feed link to your front page
- Multiple sidebars: show different content depending on what part of the site users are on
- Choose a square or large image logo with or without text
- Front page latest news section with or without sidebar
- 4 attractive professional theme styles: blue, red, green, mono
- Create your own theme styles using the easy styling system
- Parent and child themes allowing for easy updates
- Theme options that mean no code editing to configure any feature on this theme
- PDF manual
BuddyPress Business also comes not only with the default color scheme but 4 more styles each with custom image elements to keep the sleek professional design. If one of those preset styles doesn’t fit then you can easily create your own just by using our easy color picker.
The home page is already set up and you can link up the sections using our easy to use theme options. BuddyPress Business focuses more on pages and allows you to feature and link to those pages pulling automatically the first image from the page. The home page has a configurable page feature option, featured category, site message area, link a page to the front to feature it and a whole host of options to select categories to feature the content from your main site.
BuddyPress Business comes with a range of widget areas to allow you to further customise. You also get a cracking blog and news template you can link up to show the latest from your blog. You can even link up a RSS feed to the bottom to promote your site or any other RSS feed. BuddyPress Business focuses on your content with the BuddyPress functions featured at the bottom of your site in a community navigation bar that even comes with custom messages all editable under theme options.
BuddyPress Business features WPMU DEV’s images without custom fields function. This pulls through the first image in your post automatically and you can even set the size of this in the configurable feature category sections. It is set to be a background image to a html element so is fast, simple and elegant without the hassle of custom fields.
Unlike many other BuddyPress themes at WPMU DEV we make sure our themes give your site a total consistent look. We even theme the default BuddyPress pages. Take a look at the activity stream styling in BuddyPress Business:
A WPMU DEV theme also ensures your blog posts look great with a range of text styles for your posts. Take a look at a sample blog post with the BuddyPress Business theme.
Check out the demo over at BuddyPress Themes in Action.
Not only do you get a great theme but at WPMU DEV you also get great support in our forums, documentation, videos and live chat. Twice a week you can even talk directly to our theme designers so you can talk about anything relating to any of our themes. WPMU DEV really is the place to go to get a great theme and feel safe in the knowledge no matter what you want to do with your site you’ve got the support to do it.
As with all the WPMU DEV themes BuddyPress Business is not only a BuddyPress theme it works with WordPress, Multisite and BuddyPress. All WPMU DEV themes also have child and parent themes, we don’t make you use one core parent or have to buy a framework like other companies, we let you create your own child themes with everyone of our themes. A WPMU DEV theme really is the only complete solution you need to theme your site.
Discover our other BuddyPress themes:
Installing a theme from WPMU DEV
1. Download the theme file
2. Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive
3. Upload the folder to /wp-content/themes/ folder on your site
- If you’re using multi-site you’ll need to visit Network Admin -> Themes and Activate it there.
4. Make sure your install path is correct for example:
5. You’ll see several files and folders depending on the theme package. Most themes contain a folder for the parent and child theme within the folder called themes.
6. Launch FileZilla or your FTP client – read more about using FTP and FTP clients here.
7. Enter your domain name, your username and password. NOTE: the same username and password that you use to log into your cPanel.
8. Click Quickconnect
9. Upload both the parent theme folder and child theme folder to wp-content/themes/
- For example, with BuddyPress Daily theme you need to upload bp-daily and bp-daily-child to wp-content/themes/ (bp-daily folder is the parent theme folder)
- With Gallery you need to upload gallery and gallery-child to wp-content/themes/ (gallery folder is the parent theme folder)
- We provide child themes with themes to enable you to customize your own files without having those changes overwritten when we update a theme.
- To find out more about parent and children themes please visit our guide to parent and child themes.
10. Dragging the theme folders from your computer into theme folder in your WordPress directory uploads these new themes to your WordPress install however they aren’t enabled on a WordPress Multisite install.
11. As Super Admin user on WordPress Multisite you have the choice to enable:
a) The theme network wide so that all users can use the theme
b) Enable access to the theme on a per site basis
c) Use Supporter plugin via supporter-themes.php to make it available as a premium theme for supporter sites only
Enabling The Theme network wide
Here’s how to enable Sleek Photo network wide so that all your users can use the theme:
1. On your Network Admin dashboard click on the Themes menu
2. Select Network Enable underneath the theme name to enable its access network wide.
To enable more than one theme at once:
Enabling themes on a per site basis
Any theme that has not been activated for the entire network can be activated on a site as follows:
1. Locate the site you want to enable specific themes on by searching for the specific site by clicking on Sites > All Sites
2. Once you have located the site click on Edit (hovering your mouse over the domain name brings up the action menu)
3. Click the Themes tab
Only themes that haven’t been enabled network wide appear on the site theme list
You can also enable more than one theme at the same time:
Using Supporter Plugin for Premium Themes
The supporter plugin allows you to select premium themes for supporter sites only.
The idea is you make the best and nicest themes available on supporter sites so users will want to sign up to access the themes.
1. Install the Supporter plugin as per the installation instructions.
2. Upload supporter-themes.php to wp-content/mu-plugins
How it works is:
1. A Premium Themes page is added to Settings > Supporter in the Network Admin dashboard, where you can select the themes that you want to enable for Supporter sites only.
- Only themes that haven’t been enabled network wide on Network Admin >Themes will be listed on this page
2. A Premium Themes sub-menu item is added to the dashboard of all sites under both Supporter and Appearance – but only users using supporter site can activate a Premium theme.
3. Whereas users on non-supporter sites can see all the Premium themes but can’t activate them – instead they see a message saying ‘This feature is limited to supporters only’