Compatibility WordPress 4.1.1, Multisite 4.1.1, BuddyPress 2.2.1
BuddyPress Corporate is a sleek, professional and customisable BuddyPress theme. Designed to be a light weight theme that just works well, BuddyPress Corporate allows you to easily add polish to your BuddyPress site. BuddyPress Corporate has been designed to be perfect for a professional, intranet style environment without looking in the slightest bit basic. Sleek, professional, stylish, modern and customisable – BuddyPress Corporate really is the perfect theme for any site.
Here is a list of the features of BuddyPress Corporate:
- Blog and News template
- 12 preset colour styles
- Custom admin bar colours
- Header logo uploading
- Custom image headers
- Configurable articles block on the home page allowing you to select a category to show
- Privacy options: Allow only logged in users to view members profiles along with members directory and switch to stop normal users creating groups or joining ones unless created by admin or editors
- Set a site welcome message
- Built in widgets: most commented and recent comments
- Create your own theme styles using the easy styling system
- Parent and child themes allowing for easy updates
- Theme options that mean no code editing to configure any feature on this theme
BuddyPress Corporate also comes not only with the default colour scheme but 12 more styles each with custom image elements to keep the glossy design. If one of those preset styles doesn’t fit then you can easily create your own just by using our easy colour picker.
BuddyPress Corporate comes with 2 templates the home page and blog and news. The home page is already set up and you can link up the sections using our easy to use theme options. BuddyPress Corporate comes with widget control over every column including footer columns and also the ability to upload, crop and display a logo or use custom headers. You can even select a category to feature on the home page.
Unlike many other BuddyPress themes at WPMU DEV we make sure our themes give your site a total consistent look. We even theme the default BuddyPress pages. Take a look at the activity stream in BuddyPress Corporate:
A WPMU DEV theme also ensures your blog posts look great with a range of text styles for your posts. Take a look at a sample blog post with the BuddyPress corporate theme:
Not only do you get a great theme but at WPMU DEV you also get great support in our community support, documentation, videos and live chat.Twice a week you can even talk directly to our theme designers so you can talk about anything relating to any of our themes. WPMU DEV really is the place to go to get a great theme and feel safe in the knowledge no matter what you want to do with your site you’ve got the support to do it.
As with all the WPMU DEV themes BuddyPress Corporate is not only a BuddyPress theme it works with WordPress, Multisite
and BuddyPress. A WPMU DEV theme really is the only complete solution you need to theme your site.
Discover our other BuddyPress themes:
Installing a theme from WPMU DEV
Download the theme file.
Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive.
Upload the folder to /wp-content/themes/folder on your site:
- If you’re using multi-site you’ll need to visit Network Admin -> Themes and Activate it there.
Make sure your install path is correct for example:
You’ll see several files and folders depending on the theme package. Most themes contain a folder for the parent and child theme within the folder called themes.
Launch FileZilla or your FTP client – read more about using FTP and FTP clients here.
Enter your domain name, your username and password. NOTE: the same username and password that you use to log into your cPanel.
Upload both the parent theme folder and child theme folder to wp-content/themes/.
- For example, with BuddyPress Daily theme you need to upload bp-daily and bp-daily-child to wp-content/themes/ (bp-daily folder is the parent theme folder)
- With Gallery you need to upload gallery and gallery-child
to wp-content/themes/ (gallery folder is the parent theme folder)
- We provide child themes with themes to enable you to customize your own files without having those changes
overwritten when we update a theme.
- To find out more about parent and children themes please visit our guide to parent and child themes.
Dragging the theme folders from your computer into theme folder in your WordPress directory uploads these new themes to your WordPress install however they aren’t enabled on a WordPress Multisite install.
As Super Admin user on WordPress Multisite you have the choice to enable:
- The theme network wide so that all users can use the theme.
- Enable access to the theme on a per site basis.
- Use Supporter plugin via supporter-themes.php to make it available as a premium theme for supporter sites only
Enabling The Theme network wide
Here’s how to enable Sleek Photo network wide so that all your users can use the theme:
On your Network Admin dashboard click on the Themes menu.
Select Network Enable underneath the theme name to enable its access network wide.
To enable more than one theme at once:
Enabling themes on a per site basis
Any theme that has not been activated for the entire network can be activated on a site as follows:
Locate the site you want to enable specific themes on by searching for the specific site by clicking on Sites > All Sites
Once you have located the site click on Edit (hovering your mouse over the domain name brings up the action menu)
Click the Themes tab.
Only themes that haven’t been enabled network wide appear on the site theme list.
You can also enable more than one theme at the same time:
Using Supporter Plugin for Premium Themes
The supporter plugin allows you to select premium themes for supporter sites only.
The idea is you make the best and nicest themes available on supporter sites so users will want to sign up to access the themes.
Install the Supporter plugin as per the installation instructions.
Upload supporter-themes.php to wp-content/mu-plugins.
How it works is:
A Premium Themes page is added to Settings > Supporter in the Network Admin dashboard, where you can select the themes that you want to enable for Supporter sites only.
- Only themes that haven’t been enabled network wide on Network Admin >Themes will be listed on this page
A Premium Themes sub-menu item is added to the dashboard of all sites under both Supporter and Appearance – but only users using
supporter site can activate a Premium theme.
Whereas users on non-supporter sites can see all the Premium themes but can’t activate them – instead they see a message saying
‘This feature is limited to supporters only’.