This professional quality unbranded flash / HTML5 video is an introduction to using ‘Categories’ in WordPress.
You can use it, and our other white label videos, as your branded tutorials to users, clients or internal staff… and have them automatically updated with every version of WordPress.
View a sample section of this video
This ‘Categories’ tutorial covers:
- ‘Categories’ overview
- Adding a new category
- Organizing posts
- Managing ‘Categories’
Creating a well organized site goes a long way in providing your visitors an intuitive user experience. WordPress allows you to organize your posts into ‘Categories’ making it easier to search and manage the content on your site.
To add a category hover over ‘Posts’ in the sidebar of your dashboard and click ‘Categories’.
From the ‘Categories’ screen, give your new category a ‘Name’. You can also create a ‘Slug’. The ‘Slug’ is a URL-friendly version of the category name for easier navigation and cleaner URLs.
Use the ‘Parent’ drop-down menu to organize your categories into sub-categories–giving you further control over your sites structure. You can use the ‘Description’ field to label your categories.
If you ever need to manage existing categories, hover over the category you want to edit and click ‘Edit’ in the action menu.
Introducing your users, clients or internal staff to ‘Categories’ can help improve site usability and simplify post management.
To embed our unbranded support videos into your sites, you must first register their domains on our Support Video API page here.
1. Click on “Get the Embed” and open up the .txt file.
2. Make sure you’ve registered your domain on our Support Video API page here.
3. Copy the embed code from the text file.
4. Completely write your post or page including adding title, text, images, tags and categories.
5. Click on Save Draft, previewed your post / page and make all necessary edits.
6. Now click on the HTML tab to switch to the HTML editor and then paste the video embed code.
7. Click Publish.
- In WordPress multisite you must be logged in as a Super Admin to be able to add embed code)