This professional quality unbranded flash / HTML5 video will guide your users through ‘Changing Passwords’ in WordPress.
You can use it, and our other white label videos, as your branded tutorials to users, clients or internal staff… and have them automatically updated with every version of WordPress.
View a sample section of this video
This ‘Changing Passwords’ tutorial covers:
- Locating ‘New Password’
- Setting a password
- The strength indicator
- Updating your profile
Changing passwords is an important piece of website security. Creating and maintaining ‘Strong’ passwords help protect your site from brute force attacks and potential identity theft.
To change your password, under ‘Users’ in the WordPress dashboard click ‘Your Profile’. At the bottom of the ‘Profile’ screen type a new password in the text box next to ‘New Password’ and reenter the password where it says ‘Repeat New Password’.
The ‘Strength Indicator’ below ‘Repeat New Password’ will analyze your new password and provide a real-time assessment of how strong your new password is.
Once you are satisfied with your new password click the ‘Update Profile’ button and a banner will appear letting you know your profile has updated.
Using this ‘Updating Passwords’ tutorial to introduce your users, clients or internal staff to ‘New Password’ can help reinforce privacy and security on your site or network.
To embed our unbranded support videos into your sites, you must first register their domains on our Support Video API page here.
1. Click on “Get the Embed” and open up the .txt file.
2. Make sure you’ve registered your domain on our Support Video API page here.
3. Copy the embed code from the text file.
4. Completely write your post or page including adding title, text, images, tags and categories.
5. Click on Save Draft, previewed your post / page and make all necessary edits.
6. Now click on the HTML tab to switch to the HTML editor and then paste the video embed code.
7. Click Publish.
- In WordPress multisite you must be logged in as a Super Admin to be able to add embed code)