This professional quality unbranded flash / HTML5 video will guide your users through switching themes in WordPress.
You can use it, and our other white label videos, as your branded tutorials to users, clients or internal staff… and have them automatically updated with every version of WordPress.
View a sample section of this video
This ‘Changing Themes’ tutorial covers:
- Locating the ‘Themes’ screen
- Customize options in the current theme
- Switching themes
- Themes preview option
How people interact with your site and the overall visual appeal is largely determined by your theme. Choosing the right theme or switching themes can add great value to your site.
To find ‘Themes’ look under the ‘Appearance’ tab in the WordPress dashboard. The ‘Themes’ screen displays a list of all of the themes available on your site for immediate use. The ‘Active’ theme has a button for quickly accessing the ‘Customizer’.
Hovering over a theme will reveal access to the ‘Theme Details’ option, The ‘Activate’ button and the ‘Live Preview’ option. Clicking ‘Live Preview’ will take you to the ‘Customizer’ screen where you can play around with the theme options and make some basic configurations before making the changes public. To make your changes go live click ‘Save & Activate’ or you can leave your theme unaffected by clicking ‘Cancel’.
Introducing your users, clients or internal staff to changing and managing themes is a powerful resource when it comes to quickly and efficiently giving your site, or sites on your network, a makeover.
To embed our unbranded support videos into your sites, you must first register their domains on our Support Video API page here.
1. Click on “Get the Embed” and open up the .txt file.
2. Make sure you’ve registered your domain on our Support Video API page here.
3. Copy the embed code from the text file.
4. Completely write your post or page including adding title, text, images, tags and categories.
5. Click on Save Draft, previewed your post / page and make all necessary edits.
6. Now click on the HTML tab to switch to the HTML editor and then paste the video embed code.
7. Click Publish.
- In WordPress multisite you must be logged in as a Super Admin to be able to add embed code)