Compatibility Multisite 4.2.2
Comment Field Flexibility
Invite users to join your network or provide a quick link for members to change Avatars. Include a ‘Share this’ button or an advertisement. Use the comment box to creatively reach visitors and members with custom messaging.
Comment Form Text adds endless options for including custom messaging, advertisements, calls-to-action and whatever else you can dream up to the WordPress comment box.
1. Download the plugin file
2. Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive
3. Open the file comment-from-text.php using a TextEditor like EditPlus
4. Replace the text with the code or text that you want a non logged in user to see in line 41 and place the code or text you want a logged in user to see in line 46.
Here’s an example of how it is done on Edublogs.org:
5. Upload /comment-form-text/ folder to /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your site
6. Visit Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate it there.
6. If you are using any theme other than Farms ‘100 big ones’ theme pack you need to add the following php code where you want the text to appear in a theme and then upload the amended file to your site.
Here’s an example of the php code added to the top of the
comments.php file of the theme Cutline.
7. All the Farms ‘100 big ones’ theme pack already contain the required php code in their comment.php file for the comment form text plugin, positioned correctly and tested.
- It doesn’t need to be added to any of the Farms 100 big ones
- Once you’ve uploaded the comment form text plugin the text will
automatically display above comments for logged in and logged out users.