Compatibility Multisite 4.1 BuddyPress 2.2
comment indexer is possibly the most powerful comment extension available for WordPress Multisite and BuddyPress.
This plugin takes all the comments across your network and brings them into one spot.
Having every comment in one spot allows you to display them in creative ways.
- Takes all the comments across your network and brings them into one spot
- Adds all comments on your site to a global table so that you can create custom queries
- Works seamlessly with heaps of other WPMU DEV plugins
Pair with other plugins
We want to help you truly harness the power of this plugin – so we came up with plugins that work with Comment Indexer to allow you these options:
- Recent Global Comments Feed – RSS feed of latest comments from across your entire network
- Recent Global Author Comments Feed – Provides a global feed of comments from a single author made acrossmultiple sites on the network
- Recent Global Comments Widget – Display latest comments from across your entire network – using a simple but powerful widget!
For help with installing plugins please refer to our Plugin installation guide.
This plugin by itself does not provide any features to your users. It’s simply a backend plugin that can be used to build other features.
An example plugin demonstrating how the Comment Indexer can be used is found here.
1. Install the Comment Indexer.
2. Visit Plugins in your network admin dashboard and Network Activate the Comment Indexer plugin there.
- The Comment Indexer is designed to index comments from the time it is installed on your site.
- The Comment Indexer can’t index comments that were published prior to being installed. e,g. comments published prior to it being installed won’t display in your Recent Global comments widget
3. Once installed check it is working by publishing a new comment and see if the comments shows when used with a plugin like Recent Global Comments Widget.
- Make sure the comment is published on a site with privacy set to ‘Allow search engines to index this site.’
- Check Global tables installed correctly if have any issues.