This professional quality unbranded flash / HTML5 video guides users through the process of creating and editing users in WordPress.
You can use it, and our other white label videos, as your branded tutorials to users, clients or internal staff… and have them automatically updated with every version of WordPress.
View a sample section of this video
This ‘Create and Edit Users’ tutorial covers:
- Finding the ‘Users’ tab in WordPress
- Adding a new user
- Password security
- Understanding user roles
- ‘Edit User’ options
- Editing an existing gallery
The ‘Users’ tab in the WordPress dashboard lets you add and manage Users on your site. The ‘Users’ feature allows you to limit access to what each user can access by assigning them ‘Roles’. WordPress has six pre-defined roles for limiting users access to view, write, edit, upload, publish and manage your sites content.
To add a user click the ‘Add New’ option under the ‘Users’ tab in the WordPress dashboard. Fill in the required fields on the form and create a password. A password strength indicator is available for added security. Choose to email the password to your new user and assign them a ‘Role’. Click ‘Add New User’ to give the user access to your site. The name and website fields provide even more information for managing your users.
To edit an existing user click ‘All Users’ and hover over the user you would like to edit. An action menu will appear with an option to ‘Edit’ the user. The ‘Edit User’ screen has a few extra user options that are not available on the ‘Add User’ screen. From here you can change the ‘Color Scheme’ of the dashboard the user sees when logged in, add a user bio and a ‘Nickname’ can be set changing the publicly displayed name of that user.
This ‘Create and Edit Users’ tutorial will give your users, clients and internal staff a foundation for managing and adding users to any WordPress powered site.
To embed our unbranded support videos into your sites, you must first register their domains on our Support Video API page here.
1. Click on “Get the Embed” and open up the .txt file.
2. Make sure you’ve registered your domain on our Support Video API page here.
3. Copy the embed code from the text file.
4. Completely write your post or page including adding title, text, images, tags and categories.
5. Click on Save Draft, preview your post / page and make all necessary edits.
6. Now click on the TEXT tab to switch to the HTML editor and then paste the video embed code supplied in the .txt file.*
7. Click Publish.
*In WordPress multisite you must be logged in as a Super Admin to be able to add embed code.