Compatibility WordPress 4.3 Multisite 4.3 BuddyPress 2.3.3
dashboard feeds allows you to replace the WordPress news feeds in the dashboard with your very own.
This is one of the easiest ways to personalize the dashboard and make users feel right at home on your site.
Usually, after logging onto WordPress users see a snapshot of their site, can make a post with QuickPress, and are given two WordPress specific RSS feeds.
Replace the WordPress Development feed with your own:
Select feeds that enhance your network user experience.
Replace feeds with:
- Your own news feeds, for promotions or help and support
- Feeds from different sites relevant to the topics your users might cover
- A news feed from the NY Times, BBC or any other newspaper
- A whole host of other options
Share relevant news with your users. Dashboard Feeds is the quick way to add custom news feeds to your site or network dashboard.
- Download the plugin file.
- Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive.
- Upload the /dashboard-feeds/ folder and all its contents to the /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your site.
- Login to your admin panel for WordPress or Multisite and activate the plugin. Under Multisite you can Network activate (recommended) or activate in individual blogs.
- On Regular WordPress go to Settings > Dashboard Feeds.
- On Multisite WordPress when Network activated go to Network > Settings > Dashboard Feeds
On the Settings page you will see the default Primary and Secondary forms for the RSS Widgets. These are provided by WordPress and cannot be deleted. However they can be changed. You can also add more than the default two widgets. You can have as many RSS widgets as you want.
To test it’s working properly create a new blog and check inside it’s blog dashboard.
Here’s what the dashboard of a blog created before the plugin installed will look like:
Here’s what the dashboard of a blog created after the plugin installed might look like: