This professional quality unbranded flash / HTML5 video takes a quick looks at each of the functions available in the WordPress ‘Dashboard’.
You can use it, and our other white label videos, as your branded tutorials to users, clients or internal staff… and have them automatically updated with every version of WordPress.
View a sample section of this video
This ‘Dashboard’ tutorial covers:
- Managing ‘Dashboard’ widgets
- ‘Screen Options’ and ‘Help’
- ‘Dashboard’ sidebar menu overview
- The ‘Toolbar’
The ‘Dashboard’ is the site command center. From settings to content creation and updates to statistics–the ‘Dashboard’ provides a central location for managing and access everything.
In the middle section of the screen you will find a list of widgets for quick access to posting content, statistics, news and other useful information. You can toggle widgets by clicking the arrow in the widget title bar. Some dashboard widgets have configuration settings that you can access by hovering over the title bar and clicking ‘Configure’.
The ‘Screen Options’ tab at the top of the screen opens a drop-down menu for selecting which widgets you want to display on your dashboard. The ‘Help’ tab provides tips for managing the dashboard as well as links to documentation and support.
The sidebar gives you quick access to content creation and site management options. The main menu items include ‘Dashboard’, ‘Posts’, ‘Media’, ‘Pages’, ‘Comments’, ‘Appearance’, ‘Plugins’, ‘Users’, ‘Tools’ and ‘Settings’. Clicking on or hovering over a menu item reveals sub-menus for quickly accessing the sub-sections of your site.
The ‘Toolbar’ runs along the top of your screen and is available on both the front-end and back-end of your site when you are logged in.
Help optimize the workflow of your users, clients and internal staff–familiarize them with the WordPress ‘Dashboard’ using this quality video tutorial.
To embed our unbranded support videos into your sites, you must first register their domains on our Support Video API page here.
1. Click on “Get the Embed” and open up the .txt file.
2. Make sure you’ve registered your domain on our Support Video API page here.
3. Copy the embed code from the text file.
4. Completely write your post or page including adding title, text, images, tags and categories.
5. Click on Save Draft, previewed your post / page and make all necessary edits.
6. Now click on the HTML tab to switch to the HTML editor and then paste the video embed code.
7. Click Publish.
- In WordPress multisite you must be logged in as a Super Admin to be able to add embed code)
The Dashboard is covered by the WPMU DEV Guarantee
We guarantee that...
- The Dashboard will work as advertised
- You will receive 24/7 365 expert support for any problem
- If you cancel your FREE trial, you can keep The Dashboard
- The Dashboard is secure, always updated and well coded
Money back guarantee!
While you have 30 days, no obligations risk-free trial of WPMU DEV if you become a paid member and are dissatisfied with any of the above we'll refund you, no questions asked.