You can use it, and our other white label videos, as your branded tutorials to users, clients or internal staff… and have them automatically updated with every version of WordPress.
View a sample section of this video
This ‘Deleting Images’ tutorial covers:
- Removing images from posts and pages
- Permanently deleting an image
- Deleting a group of images
Having full control over what images display where and what media files are stored on your server are valuable assets when managing a website.
Removing an image from a post or a page can be done by going to the post or page editor, hovering over the image you would like to remove and clicking the ‘×‘ icon that appears in the corner of the image. If the image was uploaded to the site, removing the image from the post or page will not delete the image from the ‘Media Library’.
To completely delete an image from your ‘Media Library’, click media in the dashboard. From here you can hover over an image and the ‘Action Menu’ will appear giving you a ‘Delete Permanently’ option. It is important to note that images ‘Deleted Permanently’ from the ‘Media Library’ are not moved to a trash can–if you do not have your images saved in another location you will not be able to recover the deleted files.
You can permanently delete multiple media files at once by selecting the files you want to get rid of and from the ‘Bulk Actions’ drop-down menu choosing ‘Delete Permanently’.
Introduce your users, clients or internal staff to how removing and deleting images works so they can better manage space and how media displays on your site or network.
To embed our unbranded support videos into your sites, you must first register their domains on our Support Video API page here.
1. Click on “Grab the Embed code” and open up the .txt file.
2. Make sure you’ve registered your domain on our Support Video API page here.
3. Copy the embed code from the text file.
4. Completely write your post or page including adding title, text, images, tags and categories.
5. Click on Save Draft, previewed your post / page and make all necessary edits.
6. Now click on the HTML tab to switch to the HTML editor and then paste the video embed code.
7. Click Publish.
- In WordPress multisite you must be logged in as a Super Admin to be able to add embed code)
Deleting Images is covered by the WPMU DEV Guarantee
We guarantee that...
- Deleting Images will work as advertised
- You will receive 24/7 365 expert support for any problem
- If you cancel your FREE trial, you can keep Deleting Images
- Deleting Images is secure, always updated and well coded
Money back guarantee!
While you have 30 days, no obligations risk-free trial of WPMU DEV if you become a paid member and are dissatisfied with any of the above we'll refund you, no questions asked.