This professional quality unbranded flash / HTML5 video guides users through the process of editing ‘Posts’ and ‘Pages’ in WordPress.
You can use it, and our other white label videos, as your branded tutorials to users, clients or internal staff… and have them automatically updated with every version of WordPress.
View a sample section of this video
This ‘Editing Posts & Pages’ tutorial covers:
- Locating the Page and Post Editors
- Adding text to a ‘Page’ or ‘Post’
- Basic format options
- The ‘Visual’ editor
- The ‘Preview Changes’ button
- Pushing updates live
To access the page or post editor click on ‘Page’ or ‘Post’ in the WordPress dashboard and then click on the title of the page or post you would like to edit or hover over the title and click ‘Edit’ in the action menu.
To add or edit the text, click where you would like the change to take place and a cursor will appear will appear–begin typing. Access basic formatting features like ‘Bold’, ‘Italics’ and alignment options from the toolbar of the ‘Visual’ editor.
To see how the page will look before updating the site you can click the ‘Preview Changes’ button or click ‘Update’ and the site will be updated immediately.
The ‘Editing Post & Page’ video will help give your users, clients and internal staff a basic understanding of accessing and managing posts and pages on any WordPress site.
To embed our unbranded support videos into your sites, you must first register their domains on our Support Video API page here.
1. Click on “Get the Embed” and open up the .txt file.
2. Make sure you’ve registered your domain on our Support Video API page here.
3. Copy the embed code from the text file.
4. Completely write your post or page including adding title, text, images, tags and categories.
5. Click on Save Draft, previewed your post / page and make all necessary edits.
6. Now click on the HTML tab to switch to the HTML editor and then paste the video embed code.
7. Click Publish.
- In WordPress multisite you must be logged in as a Super Admin to be able to add embed code)
Editing Text is covered by the WPMU DEV Guarantee
We guarantee that...
- Editing Text will work as advertised
- You will receive 24/7 365 expert support for any problem
- If you cancel your FREE trial, you can keep Editing Text
- Editing Text is secure, always updated and well coded
Money back guarantee!
While you have 30 days, no obligations risk-free trial of WPMU DEV if you become a paid member and are dissatisfied with any of the above we'll refund you, no questions asked.