This professional quality unbranded flash / HTML5 video teaches users to manage ‘Featured Images’ in WordPress.
You can use it, and our other white label videos, as your branded tutorials to users, clients or internal staff… and have them automatically updated with every version of WordPress.
View a sample section of this video
This ‘Featured Images’ video tutorial covers:
- Locating the ‘Set Featured Image’ button
- Uploading an image
- Adding an image from the ‘Media Library’
- Editing or deleting an image
- Publishing or updating content
‘Featured Images’ are images set to represent a Post, a Page or a Custom Post Type. Where a featured image actually displays on your site is determined by the active theme.
The ‘Set Featured Image’ link can be found in the ‘Featured Image’ module of the Post or Page editor. Clicking ‘Set Featured Image’ will open the a drag-and-drop media uploader or you can click ‘Select Files’ and upload an image from anywhere on your hard drive. Clicking the ‘Media Library’ tab will allow you to select from the images that have already been uploaded to your site.
Select an image by clicking on it and the options to edit or manage the image will display on the right side of the screen. Once you are satisfied with your changes click the ‘Set Featured Image’ button and your image will be added to the post.
A thumbnail of the featured image will display in the ‘Featured Image’ box. From the Page or Post editor click ‘Publish’ or ‘Update’ to make your content go live.
Give your users, clients or internal staff a professional edge by providing them this guide for using ‘Featured Images’ on any WordPress site.
To embed our unbranded support videos into your sites, you must first register their domains on our Support Video API page here.
1. Click on “Get the Embed” and open up the .txt file.
2. Make sure you’ve registered your domain on our Support Video API page here.
3. Copy the embed code from the text file.
4. Completely write your post or page including adding title, text, images, tags and categories.
5. Click on Save Draft, previewed your post / page and make all necessary edits.
6. Now click on the HTML tab to switch to the HTML editor and then paste the video embed code.
7. Click Publish.
- In WordPress multisite you must be logged in as a Super Admin to be able to add embed code)