Compatibility WordPress 4.1 Multisite 4.1 BuddyPress 2.2
"Simple and easy to install and always looks great to allow easy social sharing on pages and posts."
Floating Social follows as users scroll your site, allowing them to easily share your content on social media.
Sharing your content on social media is the most effective way to get eyes on your site. With Floating Social, visitors can help spread the word to their friends and followers – with just a click.
Floating Social is feature rich:
- Share content on Twitter, Facebook, Google +, Reddit, StumbleUpon and Del.icio.us
- Style your Floating Social bar to match your theme
- Position it to work with your layout
- Watch it glide smoothly alongside your content
- Resize your window and see it act responsively, moving inline
This powerful plugin is a great way to supercharge your social media engagement.
We even use Floating Social at WPMU.org on all our articles.
Setting up is super easy
Just install, activate, choose your social media and style the Floating Social bar. Soon you’ll have beautiful and smooth scrolling social media links integrate with your site.
Give your readers an easy way to share and grow your user base with a smooth inviting Floating Social bar.
For help with installing plugins please see our Plugin installation guide
Login to your admin panel for WordPress or Multisite and activate the plugin:
- On regular WordPress installs – visit Plugins and Activate the plugin.
- For WordPress Multisite installs – Activate it site-by-site (say if you wanted to make it a Pro Sites premium plugin), or visit Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate the plugin.
Once activated, you’ll see a new menu item in your dashboard: Settings > Floating Social.
You’ll see a full page of settings, separated into sub-sections. Let’s go through each.
Here you’ll see a list of the Services available for selection.
Simply tick the Services you wish to include, they’ll then be highlighted to help you to see which you’ve selected.
Add new Custom Service
Attempt to fix front page conflicts
Manual box placement
Be sure to click the Save Changes button once you’re done configuring the settings.
The User Experience
Here’s an example of how the plugin could look in your site’s front-end!
If you have trouble with any aspect of configuration or usage or have a cool feature suggestion to make, please head on over to the community forums where our professional support staff are waiting to lend a hand.