Compatibility WordPress 4.1.1 Multisite 4.1.1
Forums lets you add message boards to posts or pages across an entire Multisite network.
Incredibly Simple Setup
Install the plugin and users can create new forums via the ‘Forums’ tab.
Once a forum is created, just add its shortcode to any post or page and a message board will be added for registered users.
It’s like having a bbPress install for every site on your network!
Make More Money with Pro Sites
Forums also includes Pro Sites integration. Restrict the number of forums a site can add depending on subscription level and add value to premium memberships.
Add community message boards to Multisite with ease using the powerful Forums plugin.
1. Download the plugin file
2. Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive
3. Upload /forums/ folder to /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your site
4. Visit Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate it there.
Note: If you have an older version of the plugin installed in /mu-plugins/ please delete it.
1. Go to Settings > Forum in the network admin dashboard.
2. Set the topics per page, posts per page and maximum number of forums per site and then click Save.
1. Inside your blog dashboard go to Forum Tab
2. Click on New to create a new forum.
3. Add the name of your forum, description and if you desire select the main and secondary colors used, header and border color and border width then click Save.
4. Copy the forum short code.
Create a new Page (or Post) and paste the forum short code.
View your Page (or Post) with the embedded forum and click on the link to create a new forum topic.
Just add a title and contents to the post then click Send Post.
At the forums overview page, you can see the title, description and also do a search of the specific forum easy peasy.