friends adds the ability to follow and connect with other users on WordPress Multisite.
It’s a really powerful, straightforward friends system that doesn’t require BuddyPress.
A better network
One-click activation adds a ‘Friends’ menu to the WordPress dashboard that lets users easily search and add friends.
Users receive an email notification when they get a friend request and can choose to approve or reject that request.
Let users show their popularity by displaying a friends list in the sidebar using the bundled friends widget.
Quickly visit your friends sites by clicking the linked avatars.
Best of all, Friends is built to integrate seamlessly with our other social plugins.
Connect for extended functionality:
- Messaging plugin – Provides the ability to easily send, receive and read your friend’s messages from inside your blog dashboard.
- Avatars plugin – For Friends’ avatars
- Community plugin – Create communities with their own discussion boards, wikis, news dashboards, user lists and messaging facilities within their WP admin area.
All the best of social networking brought to your WordPress Multisite.
This plugin is Network Activated.
Note: If you have an older version of the plugin installed in /mu-plugins/ please delete it.
That’s it! No configuration necessary!
If the auto-install does not add the db tables for you then run the sql code in “friends_sql.txt”.
1. Search for and add friends by navigating to:
Admin > Friends > Find Friends
2. Accept and reject new friend requests:
Admin > Friends > Friend Requests.
3. Add a friends widget to your sidebar:
Admin > Appearance > Widgets.
Clicking on an avatar in the friends widget takes you to their site.
4. You can view your friends and remove friends:
Admin > Friends > Friends.
5. To send messages to friends from the friends page you need to have the Messaging plugin installed and activated.
Get a social network feel without installing BuddyPress.
- Allow users to 'friend' each other
- Display an avatar mosaic of friends on network sites
- Add a social network element to Multisite