Compatibility WordPress 4.2, Multisite 4.2, BuddyPress 18.104.22.168
Want the ultimate flexible Gallery theme? Want to have the option of a page gallery template or custom post types? Want 11 styles and the ability to easily create your own Gallery style?
Welcome to Gallery.
Put it simply Gallery shows off your content.
Gallery comes in 2 variations:
Basic: You can set a page template and use the built in WordPress gallery along with a customised lightbox script.
Advanced: You create images using the custom post types method and galleries using custom post categories.
Gallery doesn’t stop with 2 formats for creating your galleries though. How about building your own home page? Gallery has a core concept of letting you decide what content you want. There is a section under theme options where you can create a whole host of home page configurations:
- Custom header: on / off
- Site navigation: show / hide
- Slideshow: on / off
- Slideshow width: full / partial
- Gallery list or menu if partial slideshow: list / menu
- Gallery category navigation: on / off
- Gallery category navigation position: before / after slideshow
- Social buttons: on / off
- Content: on / off
- Gallery navigation menu in footer: on / off
- Widget footer: on / off
Custom post types and Gallery
Gallery comes with custom post types built in. There is even it’s own menu called Exhibitions to set this all up. Gallery comes with a whole range of theme options all accessed under the Gallery Theme menu block. Here you can set up the theme options, designs, customization and even access the help documentation. Lets take a look at some more of Gallery’s options:
- Simple SEO
- Logos: Add a small logo or large image logo
- Google fonts
- Full width, blog /news, gallery and attachment templates
- Multiple widget sidebars
- Google analytics in footer
- 11 styles
- Build your own style
- Custom header
- Custom background
- WordPress menus
- Child and parent theme
All this and BuddyPress too…
It works just as well with or without BuddyPress with styled profile pages and other custom elements for BuddyPress. Discover Gallery right now.
PLUS: ‘Guaranteed To Work’ Compatibility with the Latest Version of WordPress, Multisite and BuddyPress
PLUS: Absolutely NO license restrictions
Whether you choose to purchase one theme every one of our themes and plugins, you can use your purchase on as many sites as you like, for as long as you like, no ongoing membership or subscription required – everything at WPMU DEV is 100% GPL.
PLUS: No subscription or ongoing membership required
Simply join and then cancel your membership, and you can carry on using our plugins and themes for as long as you like, wherever you like. Or, become an ongoing member for more support, updates, new themes, and APIs for videos, our developers dashboard, and more. It’s up to you!
PLUS: Unlimited Live & Q&A Support from the WordPress experts, for anything to do with WordPress at all! WPMU themes and plugins come with simple usage instructions, and unlimited member access to support Q&A where our dedicated team of WordPress support and development experts are waiting to answer your questions 24 hours a day – no appointment required!
PLUS: Fully internationalized, fully white-label ready, fully customizable
It’s easy to translate any WPMU DEV plugin or theme, and it’s equally easy to white-label them so your clients or users never know your secret source. As 100% GPL code, you’re even free to edit our plugins and themes as much as you like, no questions asked.
PLUS: More Amazing Premium WordPress Plugins
Buy Gallery Theme now and we’ll show you how to upgrade to premium membership and gain access to EVERYTHING we offer: more than 300 plugins and themes, all with the same the updates and support we’ve just promised you.
Join more than 100,000 satisfied customers who trust WPMU DEV as their #1 WordPress resource – it’s like having your own dedicated WordPress team.
1. Download the theme file
2. Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive
3. Upload the folder to /wp-content/themes/ folder on your site
- If you’re using multi-site you’ll need to visit Network Admin -> Themes and Activate it there.
4. Make sure your install path is correct for example:
5. You’ll see several files and folders depending on the theme package. Most themes contain a folder for the parent and child theme within the folder called themes.
6. Launch FileZilla or your FTP client – read more about using FTP and FTP clients here.
7. Enter your domain name, your username and password. NOTE: the same username and password that you use to log into your cPanel.
8. Click Quickconnect
9. Upload both the parent theme folder and child theme folder to wp-content/themes/
- For example, with BuddyPress Daily theme you need to upload bp-daily and bp-daily-child to wp-content/themes/ (bp-daily folder is the parent theme folder)
- With Gallery you need to upload gallery and gallery-child to wp-content/themes/ (gallery folder is the parent theme folder)
- We provide child themes with themes to enable you to customize your own files without having those changes overwritten when we update a theme.
- To find out more about parent and children themes please visit our guide to parent and child themes.
10. Dragging the theme folders from your computer into theme folder in your WordPress directory uploads these new themes to your WordPress install however they aren’t enabled on a WordPress Multisite install.
11. As Super Admin user on WordPress Multisite you have the choice to enable:
a) The theme network wide so that all users can use the theme
b) Enable access to the theme on a per site basis
c) Use Supporter plugin via supporter-themes.php to make it available as a premium theme for supporter sites only
Enabling The Theme network wide
Here’s how to enable Sleek Photo network wide so that all your users can use the theme:
1. On your Network Admin dashboard click on the Themes menu
2. Select Network Enable underneath the theme name to enable its access network wide.
To enable more than one theme at once:
Enabling themes on a per site basis
Any theme that has not been activated for the entire network can be activated on a site as follows:
1. Locate the site you want to enable specific themes on by searching for the specific site by clicking on Sites > All Sites
2. Once you have located the site click on Edit (hovering your mouse over the domain name brings up the action menu)
3. Click the Themes tab
Only themes that haven’t been enabled network wide appear on the site theme list
You can also enable more than one theme at the same time:
Using Supporter Plugin for Premium Themes
The supporter plugin allows you to select premium themes for supporter sites only.
The idea is you make the best and nicest themes available on supporter sites so users will want to sign up to access the themes.
1. Install the Supporter plugin as per the installation instructions.
2. Upload supporter-themes.php to wp-content/mu-plugins
How it works is:
1. A Premium Themes page is added to Settings > Supporter in the Network Admin dashboard, where you can select the themes that you want to enable for Supporter sites only.
- Only themes that haven’t been enabled network wide on Network Admin >Themes will be listed on this page
2. A Premium Themes sub-menu item is added to the dashboard of all sites under both Supporter and Appearance – but only users using supporter site can activate a Premium theme.
3. Whereas users on non-supporter sites can see all the Premium themes but can’t activate them – instead they see a message saying ‘This feature is limited to supporters only’