"WPMU DEV wins the prize for today's most awesome company and most helpful customer support."
Global Site Tags pulls together the most popular tags from across a Multisite network to generate a tag cloud.
Discover new authors, finding new content and following trends.
Provide a visually interesting element to your site and increase function and usability with a cloud list. Engage readers with a list that scales font-size to reflect use and popularity.
Automated setup and management
When activated a tags page displaying your new global cloud is added to your main site. As trends shift, or new tags are added, the list instantly updates across your entire network.
Click on a tag and display an ordered list of posts that includes the authors avatar. Paginate settings make for a clean, simple search experience.
Designed to style-match
Global Site Tags is designed to use your theme’s stylesheet allowing each element to appear native to your site. For fine-tune control, a settings panel is added to network settings. Set the number of tags you want to display, how many posts are listed when a tag is clicked and a custom color palette.
Share a global site tag list across your entire network using the built-in widget. Configure to display uniquely for each widget area.
Add a fun, interesting way for users to discover even more blogs, content and authors across your Multisite network.
Before starting this install you must be sure that you have the Post Indexer plugin installed
For help with installing plugins please see our Plugin installation guide
*NOTE: This plugin is for Multisite installs only, it will not work on your Single Install
Once installed login into your Network Admin Dashboard and activate the plugin by going to visit Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate the Global Site Tags plugin.
It should auto create a page called \”tags\” on your main blog where anyone can search through all your blogs.
On the off chance the page isn’t auto created all you need to do is create a page with the slug \”tags\” without the quotes if the plugin fails to auto-create the page.
Changing how tags are displayed on your Tags page is as simple as:
1. Go to Network Admin > Settings > Settings
2. Scroll down the page to the Site Tags Section
3. Select the number of tags you want shown on the Tags page, then select the number of listings you want to display per page – this is the number of posts displayed on a page when you click on a tag on the Tags Page
4. Adjust the color scheme, if you like
5. Add tags you don’t want included on your Tags page and select your preferred Tag Cloud Order (either Tag count or Most Recent) and select the Post Type you want to display tags from.
6.Scroll to the Bottom and Click Save Changes
Adding a Global Tags widget to your homepage
Before you can use the Global Tags Widget you will need to Activate it in the Plugins menu of your Main Blog.
1. To add the widget to your homepage just go Appearance > Widgets
2. And add the Global Site Tags widget to your sidebar
3. Select your Options
And you’re good to go!
Your users can now easily use your new Global Site Tags! It’s as easy as:
– Go to the Tag page or Tag Cloud on the homepage
– Click on the tag they want to check out
3. This opens up a chronological, paginated list – with avatars of all the posts for that particular tag:
- Tags on private posts display on the Global Site tags page but if you click on the link and no posts are listed this means they are all posts on private blogs (only visible to logged in users).
- To display avatars your users will need to upload their avatar via their Profile.
Global Site Tags Features
Quality development and features including
- Automate setup on activation
- Shares trends and popular content from a visual interface
- Tags link to archive pages for more ways to discover
- Configure to show only tags you want seen
- Style-match any theme
- Display tag cloud network-wide
- Complete control over display settings – number of tags, number of posts listed and color
- Built for Multisite from the ground up
- Paginate for clear, simple navigation
- Adds only essential code for simplicity and speed
- Integrates seamlessly with core settings page