- Fixed backward compatibility
- Fixed backward compatibility
- Added ability to force IP Anonymization on sub-sites tracking
- Added "ga_load_tracking" filter to be able to disabled tracking on demand
- Added "gaplus_track" JS function to be able to turn on tracking when it has been disabled
- Added privacy guide support
- Improved accessibility
- Removed deprecated Google authorization code
- Removed old tracking method
- Removed domain mapping option
- Other small improvements
- Fix: use async loading for Google visualization API
- Fix: only draw cisitors table if we have actual data
- Fixed Google Analytics API compatibility issue
- Added IP Anonymization option
- Improved dashboard stats precision
- Improved Google API error handling
- Fixed tracking code issue when using "both" method on site
- Removed possible duplicates from dashboard stats
- Fixed Google App compatibility issues
- Fixed widget notice
- Added "Most popular posts(beta)" widget
- Fixed problem with profiles list not being visible after logging in on fresh GA+ install
- Added compatibility with new Google login method. IMPORTANT: reauthentication will be needed so dashboard stats can continue to work in future
- Added support for display advertising in universal analytics
- Improved error handling
- Improved multisite page path filtering
- Decreased number of requests to improve speed
- Improved stats accuracy
- Decreased cache time for logged in users
- Fixed post stats widget not displaying for custom capability type
- Fixed loading image
- Other Improvements
- Added ability for site admins to overwrite minimum capability to view stats
- Improved support for domain mapping
- Fixed stats widget not displaying for proper user level
- Fixed displaying statistics page when not connected to Google
- Fixed admin tracking for universal analytics
- Removed admin page tracking for individual tracking codes when enabled in network settings
- Fixed include error
- Added ability to set minimal role or capability to view statistics
- Added automatic detection of use of subdomains in multisite
- Fixed missing translation strings
- Fixed possible problem with domain mapping
- Fixed possible problems for single site
- Fixed incorrect links on network statistics page
- Fixed missing translation strings
- Small improvements to error reporting
- Added dedicated page with full statistics
- Simplified dashboard widget with statistics
- Decreased risk of timeouts when requesting statistics
- Removed possibility of adding unnecessary code to header
- improved UI
- Added ability to display network, site, post and page statistics inside WordPress dashboard
- Added Google login button to automatically detect correct Google Analytics settings
- Added support for "Universal Analytics"
- Added better integration with Pro Sites
- Added single site compatibility
- Improved UI
- Removed option to track page time (depreciated by Google Analytics)
- Added option to support display advertising
- Improved and fixed option pages
- Now compatible with https websites
- Mapped domain tracking is now supported
- Fixed: Multisite Analytics not tracking network
- Fixed notice;
- Fixed problem with CSS;
- Fixed conflict with some JS;
- Fixed conflict with some themes;
- Changed save TableID;
- Added more information text;
- Fixed broken links;
- Added Google Analytics Data Export with next features:
- display reports on pages;
- create\edit your reports(feeds);
- there are several default reports;
- show\hide reports;
- Added status text when saving settings.
- Add "Page load times" tracking
- Remove backward compatibility with v1.1.0
- Fix bug with "www" in domain constant
- Fix bug with site specific tracking code
- Fix architecture of admin menus ( Network-wide settings in Network Settings, Site specific settings in Site Settings )
- Current version is not backward compatible with WP 3.0
- Fix bug with localization not properly loading
- Add field for Network-wide tracking codes
- Bug fixes
- WordPress 3.1 menu regression bug fix
- Update notification notice added
- Compatibility update for WordPress 3.1
- Internal architecture changes
- WP 3.0 Multi-Site compatibility. This version is NOT backwards compatible.
- WPMU 2.7 Compatible
- One tracking code for an entire network
- Track visits, page views and bounce rate
- See top posts, pages and referral links
- Adds analytics dashboard widget
- See statistics for individual post
- Track mapped domains
Google Analytics + lets you quickly access a post, page, site, or network performance overview without ever leaving your WordPress or Multisite dashboard.
Get a quick overview of site activity for monitoring monthly, quarterly, and yearly progress. Built-in charts and graphs provide detailed insights on hover.
Already have a Google Analytics account? Use your Google login and copy and paste the activation and tracking codes to start streaming stats.
If you don’t have a Google Analytics account, don’t worry. It’s free to get started and we can point you in the right direction.
Track An Entire Multisite Network With Ease
Google Analytics + includes special Multisite integration. Track your entire network and individual sites across your network – both subdomains and mapped domains.
Set what user types can access analytics and allow admins to customize their site configuration.
Graphs, Stats, and More
Save time with the quick stats overview in the included dashboard widget or track the success of individual posts and pages from the post or page editor.
Tracks visits, pageviews, bounce rate, average visit duration, and referrers.
Advanced Tracking, Quick Setup
Do better at reaching your target audience. Enable Display Advertising and begin tracking the demographic and interests of your users.
Turn on Universal Analytics and analyze behaviors from shopping patterns to marketing campaign success and product performance.
Pro Sites Upgrade
We made Google Analytics + fully Pro Sites compatible. Offer Google Analytics as a premium feature on your commercial network.
Add another reason to sign-up to your service. Provide bite-sized in-dashboard analytics as a bonus for paying members.
To Get Started:
Login to your admin panel for WordPress or Multisite and activate the plugin:
- On regular WordPress installs – visit Plugins and Activate the plugin.
- For WordPress Multisite installs – Activate it blog-by-blog (say if you wanted to make it a Pro Sites premium plugin), or visit Network Admin > Plugins and Network Activate the plugin.
Important Update, April 2015
Important: We now allow you to harness the power of the Google Cloud Platform, which lets you build, deploy, and scale applications, websites, and services on the same infrastructure as Google. To connect Google Analytics+ to the Google Cloud Platform, follow these simple steps. Setup in the Google Developers Console requires a Google Apps domain admin account.
1. Log in to the Google Developer Console with a valid Google Apps domain admin account.
2. Under “APIs & auth”, click “APIs” then enable the Analytics API.
3. Also under APIs & auth, click “Credentials” then Create New Client ID
4. Name your app, enter your email address, and select “Web application” for Application Type.
5. Important: Enter the URL of your primary network site in the field marked Authorized Redirect URL.
6. Also under APIs & auth, select Create New Key.
7. Choose “Browser key,” click create.
8. Copy the Google Client ID, Google Client Secret, and Google API keys generated for you.
9. Return to your network admin dashboard, log in as a Super Admin, and go to Settings > Google Analytics
10. Under Basic Network Tracking Settings, click the “set up Google API project” tab.
11. Carefully enter your Client ID, Client Secret, and API keys here, and click Authorize.
If you’re already using Google Analytics+, you will need to re-authenticate your account by logging out and back into your Google Analytics account through the Google Analytics+ settings. You’ll see this warning:
Clicking this message will take you to your settings page, where you’ll see the following prompt.
For single-site use:
In your dashboard, go to Settings > Google Analytics to configure the plugin settings.
You’ll see a page full of options.
Configure the settings as needed and be sure to press the Save Changes button.
For Multisite use, in your Network Admin dashboard, go to Settings > Google Analytics to configure the network settings for the plugin.
You’ll see a full page of options there.
Pro Sites Integration
When the Pro Sites plugin is network activated, a couple additional options will be available here.
Once you’re done configuring your settings, press the Save Changes button.
Besides being able to access statistics directly through the Google Analytics website, Analytics+ provides some great dashboard features. There’s an initial dashboard widget that can be seen at Dashboard > Home.
Here’s you’ll see some basic stats for the month.
Click the See All Stats button to go to the Statistics dashboard.
Or click simply go to Dashboard > Statistics.
At the top of the page, you’ll see several buttons for accessing stats for various time ranges, as follows:
- Last Month
- Last 3 Months
- Last Year
Depending on the button you press, you’ll see stats for that time range in the Visitors section, along with the following stats:
- Unique Visitors
- Pages / Visit
- Bounce Rate
- Average Visit Duration
- New Visits
You’ll also see a Visitors: Country section showing a world map with showing activity based on visitors per country.
Next you’ll see a Content section showing a list of the most popular Posts and Pages on your site along with some basic stats per each, as follows:
Lastly, you’ll see a Referrers section showing Top Searches and Top Referrals along with number of Visits.
Statistics in Multisite
In Multisite use, statistics are available both on a per-site and network basis. Besides the site-based stats shown above, network statistics will be available at Network Admin > Dashboard.
We hope you enjoy using Analytics+ and that it completely simplifies your stat tracking!
If you have trouble with any aspect of configuration, code or general usage, or if you have a cool feature suggestion to make, please head on over to the community forums where support staff and other helpful members are waiting to lend a hand.
Google Analytics + is covered by the WPMU DEV Guarantee
We guarantee that...
- Google Analytics + will work as advertised
- You will receive 24/7 365 expert support for any problem
- If you cancel your FREE trial, you can keep Google Analytics +
- Google Analytics + is secure, always updated and well coded
Money back guarantee!
While you have 30 days, no obligations risk-free trial of WPMU DEV if you become a paid member and are dissatisfied with any of the above we'll refund you, no questions asked.
Google Analytics + Features
Google Analytics + is the ultimate plugin for bringing Google Analytics to your WordPress dashboard.
- Powerful Multisite integration
- One tracking code for an entire network
- Individual post statistics
- Statistics module for Edit Post
- Analytics dashboard widget
- Integrates statistics screen
- Toggle statistics date range
- Track visits
- Track page views
- View Bounce Rate
- See visit duration
- New visits
- See top referring links
- See top post and pages
- World map with visitors by country
- Graphs for fast visual reference
- Collect sub-domain data
- Tracks mapped domains
- Integrates with Domain Mapping
- Fully Pro Sites compatible