Google Analytics + lets you quickly access a post, page, site or network performance overview without ever leaving your WordPress or Multisite dashboard.
Get a quick overview of site activity for monitoring monthly, quarterly and yearly progress. Built-in charts and graphs provide detailed insights on hover.
Already have a Google Analytics account? Use your Google login and copy and paste the activation and tracking codes to start streaming stats.
If you don’t have a Google Analytics account, don’t worry. It’s free to get started and we can point you in the right direction.
Track An Entire Multisite Network With Ease
Google Analytics + includes special Multisite integration. Track your entire network and individual sites across your network – both subdomains and mapped domains.
Set what user types can access analytics and allow admins to customize their site configuration.
Graphs, Stats and More
Save time with the quick stats overview in the included dashboard widget or track the success of individual posts and pages from the post or page editor.
Tracks visits, pageviews, bounce rate, average visit duration and referrers.
Advanced Tracking, Quick Setup
Do better at reaching your target audience. Enable Display Advertising and begin tracking the demographic and interests of your users.
Turn on Universal Analytics and analyze behaviors from shopping patterns to marketing campaign success and product performance.
Pro Sites Upgrade
We made Google Analytics + fully Pro Sites compatible. Offer Google Analytics as a premium feature on your commercial network.
Add another reason to sign-up to your service. Provide bite-sized in-dashboard analytics as a bonus for paying members.
To Get Started:
Login to your admin panel for WordPress or Multisite and activate the plugin:
- On regular WordPress installs – visit Plugins and Activate the plugin.
- For WordPress Multisite installs – Activate it blog-by-blog (say if you wanted to make it a Pro Sites premium plugin), or visit Network Admin > Plugins and Network Activate the plugin.
Important Update, April 2015
Important: We now allow you to harness the power of the Google Cloud Platform, which lets you build, deploy, and scale applications, websites, and services on the same infrastructure as Google. To connect Google Analytics+ to the Google Cloud Platform, follow these simple steps. Setup in the Google Developers Console requires a Google Apps domain admin account.
1. Log in to the Google Developer Console with a valid Google Apps domain admin account.
2. Under “APIs & auth”, click “APIs” then enable the Analytics API.
3. Also under APIs & auth, click “Credentials” then Create New Client ID
4. Name your app, enter your email address, and select “Web application” for Application Type.
5. Important: Enter the URL of your primary network site in the field marked Authorized Redirect URL.
6. Also under APIs & auth, select Create New Key.
7. Choose “Browser key,” click create.
8. Copy the Google Client ID, Google Client Secret, and Google API keys generated for you.
9. Return to your network admin dashboard, log in as a Super Admin, and go to Settings > Google Analytics
10. Under Basic Network Tracking Settings, click the “set up Google API project” tab.
11. Carefully enter your Client ID, Client Secret, and API keys here, and click Authorize.
If you’re already using Google Analytics+, you will need to re-authenticate your account by logging out and back into your Google Analytics account through the Google Analytics+ settings. You’ll see this warning:
Clicking this message will take you to your settings page, where you’ll see the following prompt.
For single-site use:
In your dashboard, go to Settings > Google Analytics to configure the plugin settings.
You’ll see a page full of options.
Configure the settings as needed and be sure to press the Save Changes button.
For Multisite use, in your Network Admin dashboard, go to Settings > Google Analytics to configure the network settings for the plugin.
You’ll see a full page of options there.
Pro Sites Integration
When the Pro Sites plugin is network activated, a couple additional options will be available here.
Once you’re done configuring your settings, press the Save Changes button.
Besides being able to access statistics directly through the Google Analytics website, Analytics+ provides some great dashboard features. There’s an initial dashboard widget that can be seen at Dashboard > Home.
Here’s you’ll see some basic stats for the month.
Click the See All Stats button to go to the Statistics dashboard.
Or click simply go to Dashboard > Statistics.
At the top of the page, you’ll see several buttons for accessing stats for various time ranges, as follows:
- Last Month
- Last 3 Months
- Last Year
Depending on the button you press, you’ll see stats for that time range in the Visitors section, along with the following stats:
- Unique Visitors
- Pages / Visit
- Bounce Rate
- Average Visit Duration
- New Visits
You’ll also see a Visitors: Country section showing a world map with showing activity based on visitors per country.
Next you’ll see a Content section showing a list of the most popular Posts and Pages on your site along with some basic stats per each, as follows:
Lastly, you’ll see a Referrers section showing Top Searches and Top Referrals along with number of Visits.
Statistics in Multisite
In Multisite use, statistics are available both on a per-site and network basis. Besides the site-based stats shown above, network statistics will be available at Network Admin > Dashboard.
We hope you enjoy using Analytics+ and that it completely simplifies your stat tracking!
If you have trouble with any aspect of configuration, code or general usage, or if you have a cool feature suggestion to make, please head on over to the community forums where support staff and other helpful members are waiting to lend a hand.
Google Analytics + Features
Google Analytics + is the ultimate plugin for bringing Google Analytics to your WordPress dashboard.
- Powerful Multisite integration
- One tracking code for an entire network
- Individual post statistics
- Statistics module for Edit Post
- Analytics dashboard widget
- Integrates statistics screen
- Toggle statistics date range
- Track visits
- Track page views
- View Bounce Rate
- See visit duration
- New visits
- See top referring links
- See top post and pages
- World map with visitors by country
- Graphs for fast visual reference
- Collect sub-domain data
- Tracks mapped domains
- Integrates with Domain Mapping
- Fully Pro Sites compatible