Entrepreneurs. We know you. You love getting started on that hot new idea as soon as possible – and the Holder Theme removes all the barriers to entry on your new web venture.
Simply purchase your domain name, set up WordPress with a decent host provider, and you’re ready to go – right?
Wrong! Sometimes it can take weeks or months to get your new project completely off the ground. As you’re busy putting together the next big thing, what are your visitors treated with?
Maintenance pages are okay, but how do you keep interested parties informed? How do you present your vision quickly and easily to the world? How can you display the professionalism and polish your idea is meant to convey?
Holder is our answer to these questions and so much more!
Holder is the most advanced coming soon / starter theme you’ve seen – with a built-in blog and page styling like no other “under construction” theme can offer. Holder is so efficient at showing off your new site – it may be the only theme you ever use.
You only have one chance to make that first impression. Use the Holder Theme. “Wow” your visitors right away and keep them coming back for more as you continue development behind the scenes.
Just take a look at some of the many things included in Holder:
- 13 theme combinations – each customizable by you
- Custom branding options and color picker
- Parent and child theme included
- Built in blog styling with fully threaded comments
- Built in page styling – we added a page template so you can entice your future users
- Simple SEO right from the start – no additional plugins needed
- Several Widget areas to choose from
- Add your own custom forms – just copy and paste your own form code and collect email addresses from visitors
- Google analytics – simply place your Google code in your footer
- Google fonts built-in
- Social buttons with links to your profiles for Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, Del.icio.us, and RSS
- Text areas – Add 2 headers, description and footer links just by typing in theme options
PLUS: ‘Guaranteed To Work’ Compatibility with the Latest Version of WordPress, Multisite and BuddyPress
PLUS: Absolutely NO license restrictions
Whether you choose to purchase one theme every one of our themes and plugins, you can use your purchase on as many sites as you like, for as long as you like, no ongoing membership or subscription required – everything at WPMU DEV is 100% GPL.
PLUS: No subscription or ongoing membership required
Simply join and then cancel your membership, and you can carry on using our plugins and themes for as long as you like, wherever you like. Or, become an ongoing member for more support, updates, new themes, and APIs for videos, our developers dashboard, and more. It’s up to you!
PLUS: Unlimited Live & Q&A Support from the WordPress experts, for anything to do with WordPress at all! WPMU themes and plugins come with simple usage instructions, and unlimited member access to support Q&A where our dedicated team of WordPress support and development experts are waiting to answer your questions 24 hours a day – no appointment required!
PLUS: Fully internationalized, fully white-label ready, fully customizable
It’s easy to translate any WPMU DEV plugin or theme, and it’s equally easy to white-label them so your clients or users never know your secret source. As 100% GPL code, you’re even free to edit our plugins and themes as much as you like, no questions asked.
PLUS: More Amazing Premium WordPress Plugins
Buy Holder Theme now and we’ll show you how to upgrade to premium membership and gain access to EVERYTHING we offer: more than 300 plugins and themes, all with the same the updates and support we’ve just promised you.
Join more than 100,000 satisfied customers who trust WPMU DEV as their #1 WordPress resource – it’s like having your own dedicated WordPress team.
Installing a theme from WPMU DEV
1. Download the theme file
2. Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive
3. Upload the folder to /wp-content/themes/ folder on your site
- If you’re using multi-site you’ll need to visit Network Admin -> Themes and Activate it there.
4. Make sure your install path is correct for example:
5. You’ll see several files and folders depending on the theme package. Most themes contain a folder for the parent and child theme within the folder called themes.
6. Launch FileZilla or your FTP client – read more about using FTP and FTP clients here.
7. Enter your domain name, your username and password. NOTE: the same username and password that you use to log into your cPanel.
8. Click Quickconnect
9. Upload both the parent theme folder and child theme folder to wp-content/themes/
- For example, with BuddyPress Daily theme you need to upload bp-daily and bp-daily-child to wp-content/themes/ (bp-daily folder is the parent theme folder)
- With Gallery you need to upload gallery and gallery-child to wp-content/themes/ (gallery folder is the parent theme folder)
- We provide child themes with themes to enable you to customize your own files without having those changes overwritten when we update a theme.
- To find out more about parent and children themes please visit our guide to parent and child themes.
10. Dragging the theme folders from your computer into theme folder in your WordPress directory uploads these new themes to your WordPress install however they aren’t enabled on a WordPress Multisite install.
11. As Super Admin user on WordPress Multisite you have the choice to enable:
a) The theme network wide so that all users can use the theme
b) Enable access to the theme on a per site basis
c) Use Supporter plugin via supporter-themes.php to make it available as a premium theme for supporter sites only
Enabling The Theme network wide
Here’s how to enable Sleek Photo network wide so that all your users can use the theme:
1. On your Network Admin dashboard click on the Themes menu
2. Select Network Enable underneath the theme name to enable its access network wide.
To enable more than one theme at once:
Enabling themes on a per site basis
Any theme that has not been activated for the entire network can be activated on a site as follows:
1. Locate the site you want to enable specific themes on by searching for the specific site by clicking on Sites > All Sites
2. Once you have located the site click on Edit (hovering your mouse over the domain name brings up the action menu)
3. Click the Themes tab
Only themes that haven’t been enabled network wide appear on the site theme list
You can also enable more than one theme at the same time:
Using Supporter Plugin for Premium Themes
The supporter plugin allows you to select premium themes for supporter sites only.
The idea is you make the best and nicest themes available on supporter sites so users will want to sign up to access the themes.
1. Install the Supporter plugin as per the installation instructions.
2. Upload supporter-themes.php to wp-content/mu-plugins
How it works is:
1. A Premium Themes page is added to Settings > Supporter in the Network Admin dashboard, where you can select the themes that you want to enable for Supporter sites only.
- Only themes that haven’t been enabled network wide on Network Admin >Themes will be listed on this page
2. A Premium Themes sub-menu item is added to the dashboard of all sites under both Supporter and Appearance – but only users using supporter site can activate a Premium theme.
3. Whereas users on non-supporter sites can see all the Premium themes but can’t activate them – instead they see a message saying ‘This feature is limited to supporters only’