This professional quality unbranded flash / HTML5 video guides provides an introduction to using ‘Hyperlinks’ in WordPress.
You can use it, and our other white label videos, as your branded tutorials to users, clients or internal staff… and have them automatically updated with every version of WordPress.
View a sample section of this video
This ‘Hyperlinks’ tutorial covers:
- A hyperlinks overview
- Creating a hyperlink
- Linking to existing Content
- Removing a link
‘Hyperlink’ lets you link a word or a group of words to another Page or Post on your site, or to any other site on the web. Hyperlinks can be especially helpful in linking back to source material, helping your users discover more great content, improving SEO and user retention.
To create a hyperlink, highlight the word or group of words you would like to link and click the ‘Insert/Edit Link’ icon in the visual editor.
In the popup dialog box enter the URL you would like the content to link to, a ‘Title’ describing the link and choose if you want the link to open in a new window. You can also search existing posts and pages from your site to link to by clicking ‘Or link to existing content’. When the link has been set the way you want it to appear click the ‘Add Link’ button.
To remove a link simply place your cursor on the link you would like to remove and click the ‘Remove Link’ icon.
Provide your users, clients or internal staff with this ‘Hyperlinks’ guide and help increase the value of your site.
To embed our unbranded support videos into your sites, you must first register their domains on our Support Video API page here.
1. Click on “Get the Embed” and open up the .txt file.
2. Make sure you’ve registered your domain on our Support Video API page here.
3. Copy the embed code from the text file.
4. Completely write your post or page including adding title, text, images, tags and categories.
5. Click on Save Draft, previewed your post / page and make all necessary edits.
6. Now click on the HTML tab to switch to the HTML editor and then paste the video embed code.
7. Click Publish.
- In WordPress multisite you must be logged in as a Super Admin to be able to add embed code)