This professional quality unbranded flash / HTML5 video guides users through accessing and using the ‘Image Editor’ in WordPress.
You can use it, and our other white label videos, as your branded tutorials to users, clients or internal staff… and have them automatically updated with every version of WordPress.
View a sample section of this video
This ‘Image Editor’ tutorial covers:
- Finding the image editor
- Rotating images
- Cropping images
- Scaling images
- Restoring an image
Having control over how images display on your site can make your content more visually appealing by allowing you to layout your content the way you imagine it.
You can access the image editor by first hovering over an image in the ‘Media Library’ and clicking on ‘Edit’ in the action menu. This will take you to the ‘Edit Media’ screen. Click the ‘Edit Image’ button under the image preview to be taken to the image editor.
The list of icons along the top of the screen give options for both rotating and flipping the image. The ‘Undo’ and ‘Redo’ icons allow you to click through your changes if you are unsure of the changes you made.
To crop an image, click and drag over the part you want to keep and then click the ‘Crop’ icon. If you need to crop to a specific aspect ratio or size, click and drag over the image, and in the ‘Image Crop’ module, type the specific parameters you want to trim the image to. Remember to click ‘Save’ when you are happy with your changes.
You can scale an image by locating the ‘Scale Image’ module, typing the size you want the image to be and clicking the ‘Scale’ button. When you type a new width or height the system will automatically calculate the dimension of the other side.
The changes made in the image editor do not effect the original image. If you ever need to return the image back to its original state, toggle ‘Restore Original Image’ and click the ‘Restore Image’ button.
Give your users, clients and internal staff the professional edge by introducing them to the ‘Image Editor’ in WordPress.
To embed our unbranded support videos into your sites, you must first register their domains on our Support Video API page here.
1. Click on “Get the Embed” and open up the .txt file.
2. Make sure you’ve registered your domain on our Support Video API page here.
3. Copy the embed code from the text file.
4. Completely write your post or page including adding title, text, images, tags and categories.
5. Click on Save Draft, previewed your post / page and make all necessary edits.
6. Now click on the HTML tab to switch to the HTML editor and then paste the video embed code.
7. Click Publish.
- In WordPress multisite you must be logged in as a Super Admin to be able to add embed code)
The Image Editor is covered by the WPMU DEV Guarantee
We guarantee that...
- The Image Editor will work as advertised
- You will receive 24/7 365 expert support for any problem
- If you cancel your FREE trial, you can keep The Image Editor
- The Image Editor is secure, always updated and well coded
Money back guarantee!
While you have 30 days, no obligations risk-free trial of WPMU DEV if you become a paid member and are dissatisfied with any of the above we'll refund you, no questions asked.