This professional quality unbranded flash / HTML5 video provides an introduction to finding and installing themes in WordPress.
You can use it, and our other white label videos, as your branded tutorials to users, clients or internal staff… and have them automatically updated with every version of WordPress.
VIEW A SAMPLE SECTION OF THIS VIDEO
This ‘Installing Themes’ tutorial covers:
- Finding the theme uploader
- Theme searches
- Multisite and single site navigation
- Uploading a theme from your computer
Your theme has a large impact on how people interact with your site and controls many of the visual elements. Choosing the right theme or switching themes can add great value to your site. By default the theme uploader is only available to administrators on a single site installation and a network administrator on a Multisite.
To find the theme uploader, on a network hover over ‘My Sites’ in the Admin Bar and click ‘Network Admin’. Then go to ‘Themes’ and click ‘Add New’. If you are on a single site WordPress installation, hover over ‘Appearance’ in the dashboard and click ‘Themes’. From the themes screen click ‘Add New’. At the top of the ‘Add Themes’ screen you will find the ‘Upload Theme’ button.
Click ‘Choose File’ to use the desktop browser to locate the zipped theme file you want to upload and click ‘Open’. When the theme you want to load is selected click ‘Install Now’. After the theme is finished unpacking the ‘Live Preview’ button will take you to the ‘Customizer’ for a preview, customizations and activation–or click activate to make the new theme live on your site.
The ‘Add Themes’ page also lets you search through and preview thousands of themes before installing them. The ‘Featured’ link highlights a few of the available themes. ‘Popular’ shows a list of the most downloaded themes and ‘Latest’ lets you see the most recently added themes. ‘Feature Filter’ lets you sort through themes based on color, layout, features and subject. Hovering over a theme will reveal ‘Install’, ‘Preview’ and ‘Details’ options.
Introduce your users, clients or internal staff to uploading and discovering new themes and give them easy access to quickly and efficiently giving WordPress powered sites a makeover.
To embed our unbranded support videos into your sites, you must first register their domains on our Support Video API page here.
1. Click on “Get the Embed” and open up the .txt file.
2. Make sure you’ve registered your domain on our Support Video API page here.
3. Copy the embed code from the text file.
4. Completely write your post or page including adding title, text, images, tags and categories.
5. Click on Save Draft, preview your post / page and make all necessary edits.
6. Now click on the TEXT tab to switch to the HTML editor and then paste the video embed code supplied in the .txt file.*
7. Click Publish.
*In WordPress multisite you must be logged in as a Super Admin to be able to add embed code.
Install a Theme is covered by the WPMU DEV Guarantee
We guarantee that...
- Install a Theme will work as advertised
- You will receive 24/7 365 expert support for any problem
- If you cancel your FREE trial, you can keep Install a Theme
- Install a Theme is secure, always updated and well coded
Money back guarantee!
While you have 30 days, no obligations risk-free trial of WPMU DEV if you become a paid member and are dissatisfied with any of the above we'll refund you, no questions asked.