This professional quality unbranded flash / HTML5 video is a guide to finding, installing and configuring WordPress plugins.
You can use it, and our other white label videos, as your branded tutorials to users, clients or internal staff… and have them automatically updated with every version of WordPress.
VIEW A SAMPLE SECTION OF THIS VIDEO
This ‘Installing and Configuring Plugins’ tutorial covers:
- Finding plugins
- Activating a plugin
- Installing a new plugin
- Configuration and setup
You can expand existing features or add new features to your site by installing and activating plugins. ‘Plugins’ in the dashboard takes you to a list of the plugins installed on your site. If a plugin is inactive, an ‘Activate’ option will display under the plugin. If the plugin is ‘Active’ clicking ‘Deactivate’ will disable the plugin and its features.
When a plugin is activated it may add a new menu item in the dashboard with options for configuring the plugin.
‘Add New’ in the plugin menu allows you to install new plugins. The ‘Add New’ option is only available to site or network administrators. If you need to install a new plugin contact your administrator. The ‘Install Plugins’ screen provides a variety of ways to search for and discover new plugins. Simply type the name of the plugin your are looking for or a keyword describing the feature you need and click ‘Search’. Select from the other options to sort by featured, popular, newest or favorites.
If you have a plugin on your computer you would like to install click ‘Upload’. Click the ‘Choose File’ button and use the desktop file browser to navigate to the zipped plugin file and click ‘Install Now’. Click ‘Activate’ to make the plugin available for use or ‘Return to Plugin Installer’ to search for or upload another plugin.
Give your users, clients and internal staff a foundation for managing and adding plugins by sharing this premium video tutorial.
To embed our unbranded support videos into your sites, you must first register their domains on our Support Video API page here.
1. Click on “Get the Embed” and open up the .txt file.
2. Make sure you’ve registered your domain on our Support Video API page here.
3. Copy the embed code from the text file.
4. Completely write your post or page including adding title, text, images, tags and categories.
5. Click on Save Draft, preview your post / page and make all necessary edits.
6. Now click on the TEXT tab to switch to the HTML editor and then paste the video embed code supplied in the .txt file.*
7. Click Publish.
*In WordPress multisite you must be logged in as a Super Admin to be able to add embed code.
Install and Configure a Plugin is covered by the WPMU DEV Guarantee
We guarantee that...
- Install and Configure a Plugin will work as advertised
- You will receive 24/7 365 expert support for any problem
- If you cancel your FREE trial, you can keep Install and Configure a Plugin
- Install and Configure a Plugin is secure, always updated and well coded
Money back guarantee!
While you have 30 days, no obligations risk-free trial of WPMU DEV if you become a paid member and are dissatisfied with any of the above we'll refund you, no questions asked.