This professional quality unbranded flash / HTML5 video teaches users to create and manage navigation ‘Menus’ in WordPress.
You can use it, and our other white label videos, as your branded tutorials to users, clients or internal staff… and have them automatically updated with every version of WordPress.
View a sample section of this video
This ‘Menus’ tutorial covers:
- Locating the ‘Edit Menus’ screen
- Creating a menu
- Adding ‘Pages’ to a custom menu
- Linking to external pages
- Adding category archives
- Organizing and Submenus
- Managing menu locations
Because ‘Menus’ are the primary way users navigate a site it is important they are thoughtfully organized and put together. WordPress provides a simple ‘Menu Editor’ for creating, organizing and managing menus. To create and manage menus click on ‘Menus’ under the ‘Appearance’ tab in the WordPress dashboard.
Give your new menu a name where it says ‘Menu Name’ and click the ‘Create Menu’ button. Add a page to the menu by selecting pages from your site under pages, and click the ‘Add to Menu’ button. You can add custom links by clicking on the ‘Links’ button and entering a web address you would like the menu item to point to in the URL box and giving the button a title in the ‘Link Text’ box and click the ‘Add to Menu’ option. The ‘Categories’ option allows you to select post category archive pages to link to.
Click, hold and drag a menu item under ‘Menu Structure’ to reorder menu items. To create a submenu, drag the item you want to display as a menu item bellow the main menu option and to the right and drop it in place.
You can choose to automatically add any new pages you create to your menu by selecting the ‘Auto add pages’ option under ‘Menu Settings’. Assign where the menu should appear on your site by selecting options next to ‘Theme locations’ or navigating to the ‘Manage Locations’ tab and specifying what menus you would like to display.
This ‘Menus’ video is a powerful tool for your users, clients and internal staff as they create and manage simple navigation menus on any WordPress site.
To embed our unbranded support videos into your sites, you must first register their domains on our Support Video API page here.
1. Click on “Get the Embed” and open up the .txt file.
2. Make sure you’ve registered your domain on our Support Video API page here.
3. Copy the embed code from the text file.
4. Completely write your post or page including adding title, text, images, tags and categories.
5. Click on Save Draft, previewed your post / page and make all necessary edits.
6. Now click on the HTML tab to switch to the HTML editor and then paste the video embed code.
7. Click Publish.
- In WordPress multisite you must be logged in as a Super Admin to be able to add embed code)