This professional quality unbranded flash / HTML5 video teaches users to manage ‘Widgets’ in WordPress.
You can use it, and our other white label videos, as your branded tutorials to users, clients or internal staff… and have them automatically updated with every version of WordPress.
View a sample section of this video
This ‘Widgets’ video tutorial covers:
- Using a widget
- Finding the ‘Widgets’ manager
- Navigating the ‘Widgets’ screen
- Adding and organizing widgets
- Adding, managing and saving widget settings
- The ‘Accessibility Mode’
‘Widgets’ are a simple and efficient way of adding content and features to the sidebars, or any other widgetized areas of your site. Many themes include widgetized areas in the header, the footer and even select places in the body of a site.
To manage the widgets available on your site, click the ‘Widgets’ link under the ‘Appearance’ tab in the WordPress dashboard. On the left you will see a list of ‘Available Widgets’. This is a list of all the widgets on your site currently available for use. On the right you are given a list of all of the available widgetized areas on your site.
To add a widget, drag-and-drop one of the widgets from under the ‘Available Widgets’ into the widgetized area you would like the widget to display in. Arrange the widgets by dragging them into the order you want them to display.
Clicking on the widget will reveal settings options for that widget. Once you have configured the widget, click ‘Save’ to publish the changes, click close to undo the changes or click delete to remove the widget from the widgetized area. If you want to disable a widget without losing its current configuration settings, drag the widget below ‘Inactive Widgets’ and the widget will be saved with all of its current settings for future use
Clicking the ‘Screen Options’ tab near the top of the WordPress dashboard will allow you to enable the ‘Accessibility Mode’ adjusting the way you interact with the widgets editor. For the option to manage or edit widgets and various other features in your theme from a visual editor visit the ‘Customize’ screen.
Providing this ‘Widgets’ video to your users, clients or internal staff will open new possibilities for sharing and managing content on your WordPress powered site or network.
To embed our unbranded support videos into your sites, you must first register their domains on our Support Video API page here.
1. Click on “Get the Embed” and open up the .txt file.
2. Make sure you’ve registered your domain on our Support Video API page here.
3. Copy the embed code from the text file.
4. Completely write your post or page including adding title, text, images, tags and categories.
5. Click on Save Draft, previewed your post / page and make all necessary edits.
6. Now click on the HTML tab to switch to the HTML editor and then paste the video embed code.
7. Click Publish.
- In WordPress multisite you must be logged in as a Super Admin to be able to add embed code)
Managing Widgets is covered by the WPMU DEV Guarantee
We guarantee that...
- Managing Widgets will work as advertised
- You will receive 24/7 365 expert support for any problem
- If you cancel your FREE trial, you can keep Managing Widgets
- Managing Widgets is secure, always updated and well coded
Money back guarantee!
While you have 30 days, no obligations risk-free trial of WPMU DEV if you become a paid member and are dissatisfied with any of the above we'll refund you, no questions asked.