Compatibility WordPress 4.1 Multisite 4.1
Languages for WordPress is a pack of 75 language translations for WordPress.
Save a heap of time with this massive collection of WordPress translations. All you have to do is follow these instructions to install.
Choose a default language and let your users select what language works best for there site.
We’ve done a heap of work compiling this list and it comes complete with both .po and .mo files so you can edit and improve as needed.
Select Languages at Signup
Installing the Select Language on Signup plugin and give users the ability to select a language at signup.
Save countless hours translating WordPress with Languages for WordPress.
This language pack is real easy to install over FTP, just upload them to the languages folder within your /wp-content/ folder and you’re all set ready to go.
Firstly, this isn’t a plugin so no activation is required.
1. Download the Languages for WordPress
2. Unzip the downloaded files to a folder on your hard drive.
3. Create a new languages folder on your hard drive and add all the .mo file to your languages folder.
4. Launch FileZilla or your FTP client – read more about using FTP and FTP clients here.
5. Locate the languages folder on your computer.
6. Open up your wp-content folder in your WordPress directory (located within your public_html folder).
7. Select the new languages folder you created on your computer and drag it into your wp-content folder in your WordPress directory.
Changing Language network wide
1. Go to Settings in the Network Admin dashboard.
2. Scroll down to Language Settings and select the default language.
3. Click Save Changes.
Changing language on a per site basis
Users can override the default network language settings and set their own preferred default language using Settings > General.
1. Go to Setting > General in the site admin dashboard.
2. Select the default language under site language.
3. Click Save Changes
Here are just some of the languages included.