Compatibility WordPress 4.3 Multisite 4.3 BuddyPress 126.96.36.199
Lock Posts lets a network super admin ‘lock’ or ‘fix’ posts so they can’t be edited by the users of that site – even administrators.
Block post editing
Perfect for stopping school assignments from being edited after submission or adding a post to a network that you don’t want removed.
Lock Posts adds a post status module that’s only available to post or page admins. Easily toggle the status between locked and unlocked.
Quickly see what posts have been locked by the super admin from ‘All Posts’.
Take control of what posts can be edited across an entire Multisite network with Lock Posts.
To Get Started:
- If you have an older version of the plugin installed in /mu-plugins/ please delete it.
- When this plugin is activated on a single site, only admins have the capability to lock/unlock posts.
- When activated on any site in a multisite install, it is activated on all sites, but only the network admin can lock/unlock posts.
Log into your site as an admin (or network-admin) user. Then go to any post, page or custom post type you want to lock. Click the “Edit” link and scroll to the bottom of the edit screen.
Once a post has been locked, you’ll see that indicated in a new column on the All Posts screen.
Any other user who tries to edit a locked post will get a friendly message informing them that it has been locked.
Please note the following:
- On a network install, only super-admin can lock/unlock posts. Individual site admins and other roles cannot.
- On a single site install, site admin can lock/unlock, other roles cannot.
If you have trouble with any aspect of configuration, code or general usage, or if you have a cool feature suggestion to make, please head on over to the community forums where support staff and other helpful members are waiting to lend a hand.