Email marketing is *hard* – it’s such a specialty that while we offer simple WordPress Multisite mailing list functionality here at WPMU DEV Premium – at the end of the day – if you want to do emails seriously, you’re going to want to use a professional third party service… and our favorite 3rd party mailing service is MailChimp.
This plugin slots into a WordPress Multisite or single user WordPress blog and allows you to simply login and then select which MailChimp list you want to:
- Add new users to
- And/or import existing users to
You can also decide whether you want to auto opt in users or opt them in automatically (use with care!) for both the new users and import features.
Even better, it’ll handle importing thousands of users with ease! We know, we use it ourselves :)
Check out how easy it is to use below – and start sending beautiful email newsletters, getting great reports and managing your email lists in some serious style.
Refer to the installation page for detailed instructions on how to install and use.
It’s as simple as:
- Set up an account with MailChimp and create a new list of users e.g. Edublogs.org users
- Upload the plugin to your WP install
- Once the plugin is activated go to Network Admin -> Settings -> MailChimp (or Settings -> MailChimp in regular WP)
- Add your MailChimp API Key and choose your desired MailChimp configuration
Presto! Your users are imported into your account MailChimp.
Now you can send emails to all your users using MailChimp’s easy mail creation tools:
to achieve professional looking newsletters……
And best of all, when users or blogs are deleted/spammed in Multisite or BuddyPress, they get removed from your MailChimp list, saving you money!