"Makes integrating with a newsletter a breeze. Easy for clients to use and never fails!"
Mailchimp Integration ties WordPress to MailChimp for seriously powerful email marketing, growing a subscriber base and list syncing.
Get far more than just easy-embed signup forms. Tap core features of MailChimp that allow you to not only build your email subscriber list – but integrates to manage your site’s user database.
Build a Massive Following
MailChimp Integration helps you effectively capture new subscribers from anywhere on your site using simple customizable signup forms. The included MailChimp widget and shortcode generator make it possible to add subscription forms anywhere on your site in under 60 seconds.
Smart Subscription Management
Eliminate the frustrations associated with managing users across multiple lists. Quickly establish a fluid communication stream with MailChimp and make sure your site user list and email list are always a perfect match. Automatically subscribe new users to your mailing list, add subscribers to your site user list and trigger user removal when unsubscribing from your mailing list.
Merge and Grow Your User Base
Merge existing Subscriber and User lists with a single click. Import makes it easy to sync existing lists and works to complete missing user information, eliminate duplicates, and remove spammed and deleted users from your selected MailChimp list.
Make Room to Expand
From our simple subscription form generator to managing user lists of hundreds or even thousands, MailChimp Integration is the right fit for sites both large and small. If you’re serious about email and building a huge following, create a powerful marketing machine by expanding WordPress with MailChimp.
For help with installing plugins please refer to our Plugin installation guide.
Once installed, login to your admin panel for WordPress or Multisite and activate the plugin:
- On regular WordPress installs – visit Plugins and Activate the plugin. The plugin options will appear in your Settings menu.
Plugin options in single site installs of WordPress.
- For WordPress Multisite installs – Visit Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate the plugin. The plugin options will appear in your Network Settings menu. Note: When used on a multisite install, MailChimp Integration must be network activated to work.
Plugin options on multisite installs of WordPress.
First, set up an account with MailChimp (unless you already have one of course). Then you can either create a new MailChimp list for your users, e.g. Edublogs.org users, or use an existing one.
Login into your WordPress dashboard, and go to the MailChimp settings. Once you enter your MailChimp API key and click Save Changes, additional settings will become available.
2. Your MailChimp API key.
3. Select whether users should be opted in automatically.
4. Ignore duplicate email accounts.
5. Select your mailing list.
1. The Allow widget in all subsites checkbox is only available when network-activated. Checking it will allow sub-site admins to place the MailChimp signup widget on their sites too.
2. MailChimp API Key is, well, your key. :)
3. If you set Auto Opt-in to “Yes”, your users will not receive an email confirmation. Be careful with this: some locales have anti-spam regulations that require the double-optin.
4. You can set Ignore email addresses including + signs to “Yes” if some of your subscribers have duplicate accounts using the “+” sign. Don’t want to annoy them with duplicate emails.
5. Mailing List is where you select the MailChimp list you want to sync.
You can also sync all your existing WordPress users to your MailChimp list.
2. Select whether users should be opted in automatically.
1. Select your Mailing List.
2. Select whether to Auto Opt-in your users or not.
3. Click Import to synchronize your WordPress users to your MailChimp list.
The bottom section of your MailChimp settings page is a very handy excerpt of the error log. It will display the most recent 100 lines right in your admin to help you with troubleshooting. It even tells you if email addresses have been banned.
Finally, if you want your users to be able to subscribe directly to your MailChimp list, you can customize how the widget form should appear under Appearance > Widgets.
Using MailChimp Webhooks
With MailChimp webhooks, you can synchronize your MailChimp lists and WordPress users.
Yes, you read that right, whenever someone subscribes to your MailChimp list, they can be automatically added as a user on your WordPress site. Booya!
The settings to get this done on your WordPress site are quite simple, and appear once you have configured & saved the previous settings (eg – you have entered your MailChimp API key, selected the list you want use & saved changes):
1. First, enter any name you would like your webhook to have in Specify a unique webhook key field. Then click Save Changes at the bottom of your screen.
2. Your Webhook URL will then appear right beneath the field where you just entered the key name. That is what you must enter in your MailChimp account.
3. Select the Action to take when user unsubscribes from list. You can select to either mark them as unsubscribed, or to delete them from your WordPress install. Save Changes again.
Now, head on over to your MailChimp account page and follow the simple directions you’ll find on this page to set up your webhook. The URL you’ll be entering in the Callback URL field is the one you just generated with your unique key name.
MailChimp Integration Features
MailChimp Integration is packed with features
- Toggle MailChimp list configuration
- Preload a MailChimp list with WordPress users
- Automatically subscribe new users to your email list
- Drag-and-drop subscribe widget
- Quickly add and build subscribe forms
- Copy and paste API setup
- Simple form shortcode builder
- Advanced webhook integration
- Add/Delete WordPress users as they Subscribe/Unsubscribe in MailChimp
- Sync MailChimp subscriber list and site user list
- One-click importer for simple migration and merger
- Clean up existing lists on import
- Perfect for new and existing sites
- Bonus: Integrates with PopUp Pro and creates elegant Subscribe Form popups