Compatibility WordPress 4.1 Multisite 4.1
messaging gives users all the power of Facebook-style messaging without using BuddyPress.
Bring full messaging functionality to your WordPress Multisite in minutes.
Packed full of features including:
- Send messages to any user on your network using their username
- Easy-to-use inbox for managing messages within their WP dashboard
- A sent message box for viewing mail history
- Email notification of new messages
- Ability to disable email notification
- Customize the message notification email
Really very simple, but incredibly effective!
Inboxes for everyone
Simply install and activate the plugin for your users to see a new ‘Inbox’ menu below their Settings menu.
Sending a new message is as simple as adding the person(s) username, writing your message and clicking Send!
The other user receives an email notifying them of a new message!
Or they can switch off email notifications via their notification page (if they
Messages are viewed within their WP admin area.
Give users a great communication tool with the options to view, reply or remove messages at will. Social messaging features for Multisite.
To Get Started
Login to your admin panel and activate the plugin:
- On regular WordPress installs – visit Plugins and Activate the plugin.
- For WordPress Multisite installs – visit Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate the plugin.
Once installed and activated, you’ll see a new menu item in your dashboard: Inbox.
- When activated on Multisite installs, the “Messaging Settings” item in the screenshot below will not be seen on subsites, it instead resides inside the Network Dashboard under Settings -> Messaging.
When your users go to the “Inbox” page on their Dashboards, they’ll see a page like this:
From there, they can send each other messages by clicking on “New Message”.
When composing a message to another user, the “To (usernames)” field will allow your users to search for other users on the site by typing in the name, email address or username of the other user (it will search and display users that match what’s been typed into the field):
Once the message has been sent, the user(s) that the message was sent to will receive an email notification:
Should a user not want to receive email notifications of new messages, he can go to Inbox -> Notifications, and disable them from there:
When a user logs in to his Dashboard, and goes to his Inbox, the message that was sent to him will show up in the “Unread” section there:
From there, he can choose to read the message:
Reply to it:
Or remove the message from his inbox. :)
You can go to Inbox -> Messaging Settings to configure the notification email that gets sent to users when a message is sent to them.
- On Multisite, you’d need to go to Settings -> Messaging inside of the Network Dashboard to do this. :)
If you have trouble with any aspect of configuration, code or general usage, or if you have a cool feature suggestion to make, please head on over to the community forums where support staff and other helpful members are waiting to lend a hand.