Want to give your users all the power of a Facebook style messaging system but don’t want to use BuddyPress?
With this plugin, you can bring full messaging functionality to your WordPress multisite within mere minutes!
Packed full of features such as:
- Send messages to any users on your network using their username
- Easy to use inbox for managing messages within their WP dashboard
- A sent message box for viewing all messages sent
- Email notification of new messages
- Ability to disable email notification
- Customize the message notification email
Really very simple, but incredibly effective!
Check it out!
Simply install and activate the plugin for your users to see a new ‘Inbox’ menu below their Settings menu.
Sending a new message is as simple as adding the person(s) username, writing your message and clicking Send!
The other user receives an email notifying them of a new message!
Or they can switch off email notifications via their notification page (if they
Messages are viewed within their WP admin area.
Users have the options to view, reply to or remove messages at will.
And now you have the option via the Network Admin Dashboard to customize the outgoing Message Notification Email!
And here are other WPMU DEV plugins for adding social features to your WordPress Multsite without using BuddyPress:
- Communities plugin – create communities with their own discussion boards, wikis, news dashboards, user lists and messaging facilities within their WP admin area
- Friends plugin – lets your users ‘friend’ each other, display funky widgets with avatar mosaics of all their friends on their site
- Avatars plugin – provides your friend’s avatars