This professional quality unbranded flash / HTML5 video will introduce your users to ‘Embedding Media’ in WordPress.
You can use it, and our other white label videos, as your branded tutorials to users, clients or internal staff… and have them automatically updated with every version of WordPress.
View a sample section of this video
This ‘Embedding Media’ tutorial covers:
- Working with media URLs
- Using the ‘Embed’ tag
- Adding an embed code
WordPress makes it easy to embed media into a post or page using only a URL from popular media content services like YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Flickr, SmugMug, SoundCloud, Twitter, Hulu–and the list goes on.
To embed a video, audio file, image of other supported media file using only a URL, simply copy the link pointing to the media file from any of the supported media services and paste it on its own line in your post or page making sure the URL is not a clickable link. WordPress will then display that link as a media file when viewed from the front end of the site.
If you need the file to display on a line with text, just place the URL between the embed tag.
You can even control the size by setting width and height parameters in the opening embed tag.
Many services, like YouTube, provide even more control with built in embed code generators. If you would like to use the service’s embed code, copy the link from the service site, click the text tab in the WordPress editor and paste the code snippet into the text editor.
You can view your changes by clicking the ‘Preview Changes’ button or click ‘Update’ or ‘Publish’ to make the changes go live to your site.
Make the content on your site or network come alive by introducing your users, clients or internal staff to the ‘Embed Media’ feature in WordPress.
To embed our unbranded support videos into your sites, you must first register their domains on our Support Video API page here.
1. Click on “Get the Embed” and open up the .txt file.
2. Make sure you’ve registered your domain on our Support Video API page here.
3. Copy the embed code from the text file.
4. Completely write your post or page including adding title, text, images, tags and categories.
5. Click on Save Draft, previewed your post / page and make all necessary edits.
6. Now click on the HTML tab to switch to the HTML editor and then paste the video embed code.
7. Click Publish.
- In WordPress multisite you must be logged in as a Super Admin to be able to add embed code)