This professional quality unbranded flash / HTML5 video introduces users to the differences between Pages and Posts in WordPress.
You can use it, and our other white label videos, as your branded tutorials to users, clients or internal staff… and have them automatically updated with every version of WordPress.
View a sample section of this video
The ‘Pages vs. Posts’ tutorial covers:
- A side-by-side comparison of Pages and Posts
- The similarities between the two
- How Posts display on your site
- Features for organizing Posts
- The purpose of Pages
- How Pages are organized
While the Page editor and Post editor look the same and provide many of the same tools, the similarities pretty much stop there. Pages and Posts each have a unique structure for how content is organized, searched and shared. A Post is like a journal entry that by default displays on your home page in reverse order–showing the most recent entry first. Posts can be tagged and organized into categories providing powerful search options for finding and managing archived posts.
Pages on the other hand are for content that stays the same most of the time–like a ‘Contact’ page or an ‘About Us’ page. Pages do not have the ability to add Tags or Categories, but instead allow you to position one page under another creating Sub-Pages helping to make your content easier to navigate and manage. Organizing your content into Sub-Pages not only helps make your site easier to navigate, but when laid out thoughtfully it can make your site easier to find by search engines, like Google, potentially driving more traffic to your site.
Make your content easier to navigate and manage, and help drive traffic to your site, by give your users, clients or internal staff a better understanding of Pages and Posts.
To embed our unbranded support videos into your sites, you must first register their domains on our Support Video API page here.
1. Click on “Get the Embed” and open up the .txt file.
2. Make sure you’ve registered your domain on our Support Video API page here.
3. Copy the embed code from the text file.
4. Completely write your post or page including adding title, text, images, tags and categories.
5. Click on Save Draft, preview your post / page and make all necessary edits.
6. Now click on the TEXT tab to switch to the HTML editor and then paste the video embed code supplied in the .txt file.*
7. Click Publish.
*In WordPress multisite you must be logged in as a Super Admin to be able to add embed code.
Pages vs. Posts is covered by the WPMU DEV Guarantee
We guarantee that...
- Pages vs. Posts will work as advertised
- You will receive 24/7 365 expert support for any problem
- If you cancel your FREE trial, you can keep Pages vs. Posts
- Pages vs. Posts is secure, always updated and well coded
Money back guarantee!
While you have 30 days, no obligations risk-free trial of WPMU DEV if you become a paid member and are dissatisfied with any of the above we'll refund you, no questions asked.