Compatibility Multisite 4.2.2 BuddyPress 126.96.36.199
Create a profitable hosting network like Edublogs.org or WordPress.com with Pro Sites.
Pro Sites was developed to manage one of the largest and most profitable Multisite networks in the world and continues to make light work of site management for thousands of small, exclusive hosts and networks with millions of blogs.
Grow your business with paid upgrades including premium themes and plugins, extra storage, advertisement-free sites and domain mapping.
Boost sales with new services and VIP support. Pro Sites makes it easy to meet your clients’ demands.
Create Package Deals
Quickly create tiered network membership with levels. Attract more clients with products and services that cater to a variety of users.
Add as many levels as you need to maximize profits.
4 Easy-to-Use Payment Options
Our refreshingly simple checkout process is sure to keep more users from abandoning their purchase at the last minute. New customers can checkout before creating a user.
Choose from 4 reliable options for accepting payments: PayPal Express, PayPal Pro, Manual Payments and Stripe. Each gateway is rigorously tested and backed by our incredible support team.
Style, Service and Function
Charge extra for your best themes, plugins and support. Entice users by allowing them to browse and sample themes that require an upgrade.
Offer eCommerce or membership hosting at a premium by limiting access to high-end plugins.
Pro Sites includes all the extras that make it easy to create a feature rich tiered level hosting service. Activate any of the included add-on modules for extend service options.
Make things like group creation and messaging an upgrade while still allowing users to sign up, participate in groups, and generally enjoy your site for free.
Build your very own hosting service with Pro Sites and automate enticing feature upgrades to help draw new users in.
About Pro Sites
The Pro Sites plugin is designed for users to pay for additional features for their site.
The idea is you offer features that make them want to sign up for a paid site rather than use a free site. We refer to the paid blog as a ‘pro site’ and the free blog as a ‘non-pro site’ however you can change it’s name on the Settings page in Network Admin » Pro Sites » Settings.
Pro Sites is per site, not per user. When they sign up for a single Pro subscription, the dashboard they are logged into when they subscribe is the site that is upgraded, and Pro features are only applied to that site, so if they are a member of another site they will not see Pro features on that site.
Important notes about Pro Sites levels
When setting up and working with Pro Sites levels, there are a few things to keep in mind, as follows:
- Free levels – When new sites are created, they are technically Free. You can remove this Free site functionality by enabling the Pay to Blog module.
- Downgrades – When users downgrade a site’s level, Pro Sites creates a new subscription at lower rate. Their level will drop when the next scheduled payment (lesser) comes through.
- Upgrades – When a site’s level is upgraded, the difference is calculated automatically by the plugin and the date of their next payment is adjusted to take into account any balance from the previous subscription. Basically, it’s pro-rated by time and this is done because when upgrading you want them to immediately have access to the higher level.
If you need to run Pro Sites on multiple WP installs but with the same PayPal account, you will need to setup an IPN forwarding script. This is due to limitations in the PayPal APIs regarding subscriptions and only being able to set one IPN URL in PayPal settings.
Instructions for this can be found here.
Check out our introductory video to help get you started with Pro Sites.
You can watch the entire series in this playlist on YouTube.
Select the “Playlist” at the bottom of the video frame for more videos, or choose the videos from this list here:
- Introduction to Pro Sites
- The Front-End Interface
- Getting Started with General Settings
- Creating Access Levels
- Special Modules and Payment Gateways
- Special Module Settings
- Managing Pro Sites
- Creating Coupon Codes
- Expanding Basic Functionality
- Conclusion and Thank You
For help with installing plugins please see our Plugin installation guide.
Once installed log into to your admin panel, visit Network Admin » Plugins and Network Activate the plugin.
You will need to take some time to configure Pro Sites correctly.
Pro Sites lets you create unlimited levels of subscriptions.
You should plan these out beforehand, deciding what you wish to give to each level.
It is easy to add a new level. Just insert the name and the different prices. You can also un-check payment options that you don’t want to offer, like “12 Months”.
You can use the settings to re-brand Pro Sites, add free trials and create email notifications.
Navigate to Pro Sites » Modules/Gateways to choose which modules you wish to use.
- Advertising – Allows you to disable ads for a Pro Site level, or give a Pro Site level the ability to disable ads on a number of other sites.
- Bulk Upgrades – Allows you to sell Pro Site level upgrades in bulk packages.
- Limit BuddyPress Features – Allows you to limit BuddyPress group creation and messaging to users of a Pro Site.
- Limit Publishing – Allows you to only enable writing posts and/or pages for selected Pro Site levels.
- Pay to Blog – Allows you to completely disable a site both front end and back until paid.
- Post/Page Quotas – Allows you to limit the number of post types for selected Pro Site levels. You can use this, for example, to limit the number of Products or Wikis a Pro site is able to create.
- Premium Plugins – Allows you to create plugin packages only available to selected Pro Site levels.
- Premium Support – Allows you to provide a premium direct to email support page for selected Pro Site levels.
- Premium Themes – Allows you to give access to selected themes to a Pro Site level.
- Restrict XML-RPC – Allows you to only enable XML-RPC and Atom Publishing for selected Pro Site levels.
- Unfiltered HTML – Allows you provide the “unfiltered_html” permission to specific user types for selected Pro Site levels. This will let Pro level sites utilize a wider array of HTML content
- Upload Quota – Allows you to give additional upload space to Pro Sites.
- If you add the Premium Plugins and Premium Themes they will get their own menu items.
- All of the other modules will appear under Pro Sites » Settings.
- Each of the modules has an individual settings box for you to tweak all of the options.
Choose Payment Gateways
Navigate to Pro Sites » Modules/Gateways and choose whether you want to use Manual Payments or PayPal.
With Pro Sites configured, users will be able to upgrade their site to a Pro level via the Pro Sites sidebar option in their Admin dashboard or by clicking the Pro Sites link in the Admin bar.
Pro Sites displays a table of subscriptions with the site’s current level highlighted for easy reference.
Pro Sites Features
Powerful network management, upgrades and premium features.
- Unlimited levels
- Free access levels
- Paid premium levels
- Free trials
- Coupon manager
- Built-in advertising
- Premium theme upgrades
- Premium plugin upgrades
- New stats
- Sell bulk service upgrades
- Front-end checkout
- PayPal Express
- PayPal Pro
- Manual Payments
- Simple pricing table
- Complete custom branding
- Custom payment screens
- Track subscriptions
- Powerful statistics
- Individual site modifications
- Process refunds
- Manage cancellations
- Global widgets
- PayPal sandbox testing
- BuddyPress integration
- Disable ads for pro levels
- Limit publishing
- Set pay-to-blog
- Limit post types
- Premium support as a service
- Control upload space
- Restrict XML-RPC
- Unfiltered HTML for select levels