Compatibility WordPress 4.2.2 Multisite 4.2.2 BuddyPress 2.3.2
"A far better way to improve quality content for a community than forums / bb. And it's very easy to set-up. Forget about Quora, get yours instead."
Q&A brings full Questions and Answers functionality to any WordPress or BuddyPress site in minutes.
This extensive powerful plugin covers all the question and answer bases right out of the box. It’s fully operational in moments but highly customizable and can be styled to fit any theme.
Build Street “Cred”
Easily Find Answers
1. Download the plugin file
2. Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive
3. Upload the qa folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your site
- On regular WordPress installs – visit Plugins and Activate the plugin.
- For WordPress Multisite installs – Activate it blog-by-blog (say if you wanted to make it a Supporter premium plugin), or visit Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate the plugin.
4. Login to your admin panel for WordPress or Multisite and activate the plugin:
1. Go to Settings -> Permalinks in the site admin dashboard to check your permalink structure. Q&A uses pretty URLs so rewrites and pretty permalinks must be enabled. Your permalinks can be anything but the default permalinks.
2. Go to Questions -> Settings in the site admin dashboard to assign capabilities to the roles of your choosing.
3. Visit http://yoursite.com/questions/ask/ to create your first question.
4. Now all you need to do is use Custom menus with your theme or add a link on your site to direct your users to http://yoursite.com/questions/ask/
- Newly registered users are automatically logged in.
- To prevent spam bots from running amok, we strongly recommend installing this free plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/stop-spammer-registrations-plugin/
Reputation points are set at the following values by default:
Having an answer accepted: 15
Accepting an answer: 2
Having an Answer voted up: 10
Having a Question voted up: 5
Having a Question voted down: -2
Voting a Question or Answer down: -1
Customizing reputation points
Reputation point values can be changed by editing qa.php, which lists the values as follows:
// Reputation multipliers
define( ‘QA_ANSWER_ACCEPTED’, 15 );
define( ‘QA_ANSWER_ACCEPTING’, 2 );
define( ‘QA_ANSWER_UP_VOTE’, 10 );
define( ‘QA_QUESTION_UP_VOTE’, 5 );
define( ‘QA_DOWN_VOTE’, -2 );
define( ‘QA_DOWN_VOTE_PENALTY’, -1 );
Optionally, you can further customize the appearance of the Q&A section, to better integrate it with your theme.
To do so, simply copy the php files from default-templates into your theme folder and start customizing.
If you want to disable the default plugin CSS, add the following line to your theme’s functions.php file:
add_theme_support( ‘qa_style’ );
add_theme_support( ‘qa_script’ );
Customize your Root Slug
If you want to change the Slug, or url, of your Questions you can define any of the following in your wp-config.php
using the following format define(‘QA_SLUG_ROOT’, ‘yourslughere’);
Lots of great features to have you up and running in minutes.
- Full front-end interface
- Integrated reputation points system
- WYSIWYG editing of both questions and answers
- Out-of-the-box theme integration
- Built-in widgets
- Includes template files for full customization
- Voting for both questions and answers
- Correct answer check mark
- High-end search functionality
- Q&A specific tags and categories
- Dedicated user profile pages
- Subscribe to questions
- Email notifications
- Configure user roles
- Guest posting
- Scroll unanswered questions
- Dashboard moderation tool