Compatibility WordPress 4.2.2 Multisite 4.2.2
"This is the best quick post system for updating status just like Facebook. Plus, it works just like Facebook."
Status gives users a way to quickly create an update, post an image, add a video or share a link in WordPress – just like Facebook and Google+.
From the Front to the Back
Simple and Organized
Configure all of your status updates to use categories for convenient management and a more robust site search.
It’s simple posting for those that don’t always have the time to write long form content. Stay active and keep users engaged with smaller posts and interesting shares.
To Get Started:
Login to your admin panel for WordPress or Multisite and activate the plugin:
- On regular WordPress installs – visit Plugins and Activate the plugin.
- For WordPress Multisite installs – Activate it blog-by-blog (say if you wanted to make it a Pro Sites premium plugin), or visit Network Admin -> Plugins andNetwork Activate the plugin.
Once installed and activated, you will see a new menu item in your admin at Settings > Status.
Configure Your Settings
Let’s start by going through the settings at Settings > Status. There are a number of sub-sections to the settings, let’s go through them one by one.
Status post settings
Enter a Default title if you wish to have a different title show by default when creating a new Status post.
From the Post format section, you can select a post format for WordPress to use on a Status type basis: Link, Image, Video and Generic Status.
Similarly, from the Post categories section, you can select a category to post to for each Status type: Link, Image, Video and Generic Status.
With the Show on dashboard option set to Yes, you’ll see the Status section in your site dashboard.
Select a Status type from the POST options, as follows:
- STATUS – a generic post, typically just a brief text message
- VIDEO – a video, a popup dialog will appear to let you upload, select a video from your media library or link to an external video.
- IMAGE – an image, you can choose to upload or link to another video through the popup dialog that appears.
- LINK – a link to another URL
When adding a Video or Image Status, a pop-up dialog will appear to allow you to easily add videos and images using upload features or by linking to URLs.
Here you can easily drag and drop a media file into the Drop files here area. This will automatically upload and provide more options for the post.
Clicking the From URL tab will provide options to link to other media URLs.
Clicking the Preview button will display a preview of the new post in the space below the dashboard widget.
Click the Draft button to create a post with the draft status.
Click the Post button to publish the new post.
With the plugin configured to show on public pages, you’ll see the Status section in the front-end, where users with posting capabilities will be able to create new posts.
Here’s an example of a Status post as displayed through Twenty Eleven theme:
We hope you enjoy using Status and that it makes creating quick, new posts a total breeze!
If you have trouble with any aspect of configuration, code or general usage, or if you have a cool feature suggestion to make, please head on over to the community forums where our support teams are waiting to assist.
Fast convenient content sharing for WordPress.
- Back end dashboard widget
- Front end status updates
- Share videos
- Share images
- Share links
- Autofill content
- Edit autofill content
- Customize title
- Customize description
- Choose a thumbnail
- Save as draft
- Require review based on user type
- Built-in Status Update widget
- Configure layout
- Choose default categories
- Configure video support
- Auto import external images
- Auto configure featured image