Compatibility Multisite 4.1 BuddyPress 2.2
recent comments shows all the latest comments from across your entire network on your main site – simply, efficiently and quickly.
This plugin works with Comment Indexer to create a stream of every comment made on your network.
It’s as-easy-as adding the included call function where you want the comments to appear.
Plus, if you are looking for the ultimate in simple integration we built the Recent Comments Widget for sharing comments from across your entire network in any widget area on your site.
For help with installing plugins please refer to our Plugin installation guide.
1. Install the Comment Indexer
- The Comment Indexer is designed to index comment from the time it is installed on your network and needs to be installed for the Recent Global Comments Widget plugin to work.
- The Comment Indexer can’t index commentss that were published prior to being installed. i.e. comments published prior to it being installed won’t display in your Recent Global Comment Widget.
2. Install the Recent Comments Plugin.
3. Navigate to Plugins in the network admin dashboard and Network Activate the plugin.
This plugin required you to edit your theme to place the following function call anywhere where you want to show comments
“display_recent_comments( NUMBER, CONTENT_CHARACTERS, GLOBAL_BEFORE, GLOBAL_AFTER, BEFORE, AFTER, LINK ); “