"Some companies I like because they have nice products. Some companies I like because you can feel the joy and involvement of the crew. WPMU DEV has both."
Recent custom posts lets you display a list of custom posts on any widgetized area of your site.
It’s easy to add recent posts, but what about custom post types? This plugin adds a widget to your site for showing recent posts from any post type.
Simple customizable widget
Recent Custom Posts works with any custom post type, even post types created by another plugin.
Customization options include:
- Widget title
- Post type, including core post, page and attachment types
- Up to 20 posts
- Include your featured image as a thumbnail for each post
Plus, you can create as many instances of the widget as you need for different custom post types.
Integrate with other WPMU products
Publish links to custom posts created by other WPMU DEV products.
Extend the way you share custom post types on your WordPress site.
For help with installing plugins please see our Plugin installation guide.
Once installed activate the plugin:
- On regular WordPress installs – visit Plugins and Activate the plugin.
- For WordPress Multisite installs – Activate it site-by-site basis (say if you wanted to make it a Pro Sites premium plugin), or visit Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate the plugin.
1. Go to Appearance -> Widgets in the site admin dashboard.
2. Drag the new Recent Custom Posts Type Widget to your sidebar.
3. Configure the widget, selecting your custom post type.
4. Visit your home page to view the new widget in action!