global author comments feed pulls every comment made by a single user, across an entire network, into one feed.
This plugin is built to take advantage of Comment Indexer.
If you have a user posting comments to multiple sites on your network, and are looking for a way to catch them in a single feed, this is the plugin you are looking for.
Just drop in a user ID
It’s really straightforward with incredibly simple setup. Once installed, just drop in the ID of the user’s comments you want displayed.
Take advantage of powerful features
Here are some examples:
- Spotlight a feed using a theme with built-in RSS display
- Display using a 3rd Party RSS feed widget
- Allow readers to subscribe to a user comment feed
For help with installing plugins please refer to our Plugin installation guide.
1. Install the Comment Indexer
- The Comment Indexer is designed to index comments on your network and needs to be installed for the Recent Global Comments Feed plugin to work.
2. Install Global Author Comments Feed.
3. Navigate to Plugins in the network admin dashboard and Network Activate the plugin.
4. Your new feed is created at
- The Recent Global Author comments feed is for comments on public sites only. Comments from privates sites don’t appear in the feed.
- You check it is working correctly by working by posting some new comments and confirming they appear in your global feed.
1. Locate the user’s ID by hovering your mouse over their username in Users > All Users in the network admin dashboard
- their user ID displays in the status bar of your web browser
2. Your feed URL for each user is located at:
3. The user feed URL used in numerous ways including:
- With a theme like WPMU-Dixi which pulls RSS feed onto it’s homepage,
- Adding 3rd Party RSS feed widgets in the site side bar
- Alternatively readers can subscribe to it using feed readers such as Google Reader