Compatibility Multisite 4.1.1 BuddyPress 2.2.1
Want an RSS feed of all the comments on your entire network – simply, efficiently and quickly?
This simple but powerful plugin allows you to do just that:
- Creates a Comment feed URL for your entire network which anyone can subscribe to
- Provides a simple widget to display your Global comment feed URL
Check it out!
Once installed your new feed is created at:
Best of all you can add a simple Subscribe to our Network comment feed byadding your new Recent Global Comment feed widget.
Just go to Appearance > Widgets and add the Recent Global Comment feed widget to your sidebar.
For help with installing plugins please refer to our Plugin installation guide.
1. Install the Comment Indexer
- The Comment Indexer is designed to index comments from the time it is installed on your network and needs to be installed for the Recent Global Comments Feed plugin to work.
- The Comment Indexer can’t index posts that were published prior to being installed. i.e. comments published prior to it being installed won’t display in your global comment feed.
2. Install the Recent Global Comments Feed and then visit Network Admin -> Plugins to Network Activate the plugin.
3. Your new feed is created at
- The Recent Global comments feed is for comments on public sites only. Comments from privates sites don’t appear in the feed.
- You can check if it is working correctly by posting some new comments and confirming they appear in your global feed.
4. A Recent Global Comments feed widget is added to Appearance > Widgets of your main site.
- By default, the widget is available only on the main site of your network.
- This behavior can be changed by modifying your recent-global-comments-feed.php file as shown below to enable widget on all sites.
Enabling Widget for all sites
By default the Recent Global Comments feed widget is only enabled for use by the man site.
You can enable it for all sites on your network as follows:
2. Change ‘yes’ to ‘no’ in the following line:
$recent_global_comments_feed_widget_main_blog_only = ‘yes';
3. Save your amended recent-global-comments-feed.php and use this file when you upload to wp-content/plugins/
1. Go to Appearance > Widgets
2. Add the Recent Global Comment feed widget to your sidebar.
- Your global feed is located at http://yourdomain.com?feed=recent-global-comments