Compatibility Multisite 4.2.2 BuddyPress 2.3.2
recent global posts feed takes advantage of Post Indexer to add an RSS feed of all the posts on your entire Multisite or BuddyPress network – simply, efficiently and quickly.
This powerful plugin allows you to:
- Creates a Post feed URL for your entire network which anyone can subscribe to
- Provides a simple Global Post Feed widget
Setup is easy
Once installed your new feed is created at:
You can even access custom post type feeds by visiting:
Just substitute ‘customposttype’ with your preferred post type.
Bundled widget for easy sharing
Best of all you can add a simple ‘Subscribe to our Network post feed’ by adding the Recent Global Post feed widget.
For help with installing plugins please refer to our Plugin installation guide.
1. Install the Post Indexer
- The Post Indexer is designed to index posts on your network and needs to be installed for the Recent Global Posts Feed plugin to work.
2. Download the Recent Global Posts Feed plugin file.
3. Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive.
4. Upload recent-global-posts-feed.php to /wp-content/
- Most plugins are uploaded to /wp-content/plugins/.
- This plugin MUST be uploaded to /wp-content/ using FTP.
- Refer to our FTP guide if you are new to using FTP.
- You can check if it is working correctly by posting some new posts and confirming they appear in your global feed.
- Once installed your new feed is created at:
- You can access feeds for custom post types by using http://yourdomain.com/wp-content/recent-global-posts-feed.php?posttype=customposttype, substituting customposttype with your custom post type
6. Upload widget-recent-global-posts-feed.php to /wp-content/plugins/
- Once uploaded visit Network Admin -> Plugins to Network Activate the Recent Posts Feed Widget
- Your Recent Global Post feed widget is added to Appearance > Widgets of your main site.
- By default, the widget is available only on the main site of your network. This behavior can be changed by following the instructions below.
- The Recent Global posts feed is for public posts only. Posts from privates sites don’t appear in the feed.
Enabling Widget for all sites
By default the Recent Global Posts feed widget is only enabled for use by the main site.
You can enable it for all sites on your network as follows:
1. Open your wp-config.php file using a text editing program like EditPlus
2. Add the following constant to that file just before the line that says “That’s all, stop editing”
define( 'RECENT_GLOBAL_POSTS_FEED_WIDGET_MAIN_BLOG_ONLY', false );
3. Save and re-upload your wp-config.php file.
Note: if you ever want to limit the use of the widget to the main site only again, simply change “false” to “true” in the code you just added.
1. Go to Appearance > Widgets
2. Add the Recent Global Post feed widget to your sidebar.
- Your global feed is located at http://yourdomain.com/wp-content/recent-global-posts-feed.php.
- For example, the domain websocialsites.com global post feed is located at http://websocialsites.com/wp-content/recent-global-posts-feed.php
3. Check out the configuration options below:
If you are having difficulty getting your feed to validate, please go to Settings > Permalinks in your admin and click Save Changes. That will re-save your settings and updated the rewrite rules. To check if your feed validates properly, visit http://validator.w3.org/feed/