Compatibility WordPress 4.2 Multisite 4.2
"WPMU DEV wins the prize for today's most awesome company and most helpful customer support."
Clean Up the Dashboard allows you to easily remove unnecessary widgets from the WordPress dashboard.
Quickly delete items like WordPress News that you don’t use or simply tidy up the backend for your clients.
Unnecessary dashboard widgets can be confusing for new users or clients inexperienced in using WordPress.
Clean Up the Dashboard can also help you simplify WordPress for users of your Multisite network.
Clean Up the Dashboard is Simple to Use
Simply install and activate the plugin and the default WordPress widgets will disappear from the dashboard.
To further customize the WordPress backend, check out Ultimate Branding by WPMU DEV and white label your entire site.
1. Download the plugin file
2. Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive
3. Upload the remove-wp-dashboard-widgets plugin folder to /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your site
4. Login to your admin panel for WordPress or Multisite and activate the plugin:
- For WordPress Multisite installs – visit Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate the plugin.
- On regular WordPress installs – visit Plugins and Activate the plugin.
Note: If you have an older versions of the plugins installed in /mu-plugins/ please delete them.
That’s it! No configuration necessary!
Once you’ve activated the plugin the default WordPress Blog and Other WordPress News widgets are removed from your user’s dashboard.
Changing from this: