This professional quality unbranded flash / HTML5 video will guide your users through ‘Restoring’ a post from the ‘Trash’ in WordPress.
You can use it, and our other white label videos, as your branded tutorials to users, clients or internal staff… and have them automatically updated with every version of WordPress.
View a sample section of this video
This Restoring Posts tutorial covers:
- Finding ‘Trash’
- Trash recovery period
- Permanently deleting a post
- Restoring a post
When you ‘Delete’ a post from the ‘Posts’ screen it is moved to the posts trash folder.
The trash feature is designed to protect you from accidentally permanently deleting content from your site. When an item is moved to the trash it is stored for 30 days before being deleted permanently.
To view a post that has been moved to the trash, from the ‘Posts’ screen click the ‘Trash’ link. If you don’t have any items in the trash, the link will not display.
Hovering over an item in the trash folder reveals an action menu. Clicking ‘Delete Permanently’ will delete the item immediately with no further recovery option. ‘Restore’ will move the item from the trash and make the post live on your site once again.
Understanding the restore feature could save your users, clients or internal staff countless hours and heartache when working to recover deleted posts.
To embed our unbranded support videos into your sites, you must first register their domains on our Support Video API page here.
1. Click on “Get the Embed” and open up the .txt file.
2. Make sure you’ve registered your domain on our Support Video API page here.
3. Copy the embed code from the text file.
4. Completely write your post or page including adding title, text, images, tags and categories.
5. Click on Save Draft, previewed your post / page and make all necessary edits.
6. Now click on the HTML tab to switch to the HTML editor and then paste the video embed code.
7. Click Publish.
- In WordPress multisite you must be logged in as a Super Admin to be able to add embed code)
Restoring Posts is covered by the WPMU DEV Guarantee
We guarantee that...
- Restoring Posts will work as advertised
- You will receive 24/7 365 expert support for any problem
- If you cancel your FREE trial, you can keep Restoring Posts
- Restoring Posts is secure, always updated and well coded
Money back guarantee!
While you have 30 days, no obligations risk-free trial of WPMU DEV if you become a paid member and are dissatisfied with any of the above we'll refund you, no questions asked.