This professional quality unbranded flash / HTML5 video introduces users to the revisions feature in WordPress.
You can use it, and our other white label videos, as your branded tutorials to users, clients or internal staff… and have them automatically updated with every version of WordPress.
View a sample section of this video
This ‘Revisions’ tutorial covers:
- Displaying and hiding the revisions tool in the post/page editor
- Searching through revisions
- Reviewing changes saved in revision
- Comparing two revisions
- Restoring a previous version of a post or page
The revisions tool keeps a record of each of the post and page saved drafts, periodic autosaves and published updates.
You can open the preview revisions screen by clicking on the date and time of the revision you would like to review.
The preview screen displays what changes were made in each revision–what was added, what was moved and what stayed the same. By simply dragging the revisions slider or using the next/previous button you can see what changes have been made to a post or a page.
The revisions page also includes a ‘compare any two revisions’ mode that allows you to compare any two versions of a post or page. If you find an older version of the post or page you would like to restore, simply click the ‘Restore This Revision’ or ‘Restore This Autosave’ button, and your post or page will restore to the previous version.
Introduce your users, clients or internal staff to the revisions feature in WordPress to let them better manage their developing posts, revert to older content and increase the professionalism of your editorial service.
To embed our unbranded support videos into your sites, you must first register their domains on our Support Video API page here.
1. Click on “Get the Embed” and open up the .txt file.
2. Make sure you’ve registered your domain on our Support Video API page here.
3. Copy the embed code from the text file.
4. Completely write your post or page including adding title, text, images, tags and categories.
5. Click on Save Draft, preview your post / page and make all necessary edits.
6. Now click on the TEXT tab to switch to the HTML editor and then paste the video embed code supplied in the .txt file.*
7. Click Publish.
*In WordPress multisite you must be logged in as a Super Admin to be able to add embed code.
Revisions is covered by the WPMU DEV Guarantee
We guarantee that...
- Revisions will work as advertised
- You will receive 24/7 365 expert support for any problem
- If you cancel your FREE trial, you can keep Revisions
- Revisions is secure, always updated and well coded
Money back guarantee!
While you have 30 days, no obligations risk-free trial of WPMU DEV if you become a paid member and are dissatisfied with any of the above we'll refund you, no questions asked.