Compatibility Multisite 4.1.1
Select Language at Signup lets a new user choose which language they want to use when signing up.
If your users are multilingual this plugin is simply wonderful. Give users the ability to select what language fits their needs from the start.
Install our Languages for WordPress pack (it’s got 76 different languages!), then activate this little plugin.
A select your language option is then added to your signup page.
With a ton of languages to choose from.
Let users choose the language that works best for them. Offer a WordPress experience that fits everyone.
1. Download the Languages for WordPress
2. Unzip the downloaded files to a folder on your hard drive.
3. Create a new languages folder on your hard drive and add all the .mo file to your languages folder.
4. Log into your install using FTP.
Refer to these instructions if you are new to using FTP.
5. Locate the languages folder on your computer.
6. Open up your wp-content folder in your WordPress directory (located within your public_html folder).
7. Select the new languages folder you created on your computer and drag it into your wp-content folder in your WordPress directory.
8. Install the Select Language At Signup plugin.
9. Go to Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate the Select Language At Signup plugin.
Once network activated the Select Language at signup option automatically appears on your sign up page.
Changing Language network wide
1. Go to Settings in the Network Admin dashboard.
2. Select the default language.
3. Then click Save Changes.
Changing language on a per site basis
Users can override the default network language settings and set their own preferred default language using Settings > General.
1. Click on Setting > General in the site admin dashboard.
2. Select the default language under site language.
3. Then click Save Changes
Connect users from all over the world to your network.
- Users set language at signup
- Adds selector to signup page
- 76 language options with Languages for WordPress
- Built for Multisite
- Automated setup
- Integrate with any theme
- Simple styling
- Customized WordPress Experience
- Multiligual network