Select Language at Signup gives users the ability to set the site language when creating a new site on your WordPress Multisite network.
The Ultimate Language Selector
If you manage a multilingual network, Select Language at Signup is a must. Give users the ability to select what language fits their needs from the start.
Add a language selector to your Multisite signup page, extending control and adding functionality for your users.
A Convenient Quick Start
Activate or install any language you would like to make available to your users and it’s automatically added to the language selector.
Select Language at Signup does all the work. Pulling languages you make available directly from WordPress core Language Settings.
Expand Your User Base
With over 50 included WordPress translations, and the ability to translate into any language, creating a global network has never been easier.
Offer multilingual site configuration, out-of-the-box, with Select Language at Signup.
1. Unzip the downloaded files to a folder on your hard drive.
2. Create a new languages folder on your hard drive and add all the .mo file to your languages folder.
3. Log into your install using FTP.
Refer to these instructions if you are new to using FTP.
4. Locate the languages folder on your computer.
5. Open up your wp-content folder in your WordPress directory (located within your public_html folder).
6. Select the new languages folder you created on your computer and drag it into your wp-content folder in your WordPress directory.
8. Install the Select Language At Signup plugin.
9. Go to Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate the Select Language At Signup plugin.
Once network activated the Select Language at signup option automatically appears on your sign up page.
Changing Language network wide
1. Go to Settings in the Network Admin dashboard.
2. Select the default language.
3. Then click Save Changes.
Changing language on a per site basis
Users can override the default network language settings and set their own preferred default language using Settings > General.
1. Click on Setting > General in the site admin dashboard.
2. Select the default language under site language.
3. Then click Save Changes
Select Language at Signup Features
Connect users from around the world
- Adds Language Selector
- Works out-of-the-box
- Integrates with WordPress languages
- Instantly access 50+ built-in translations
- Built for Multisite
- Works with any theme
- Instantly create multilingual network
- Simple drop-down menu interface
- Front end integration
- No settings page
- Guaranteed updates