Compatibility WordPress 4.2, Multisite 4.2
Tired of being bogged down with theme options? We’ve got you covered with the easiest setup you’ve ever seen in a theme!
From the all-star theme designer behind the GridMarket theme and the WPMU.org redesign, SimpleMarket is as elegantly designed as it is powerful under the hood. It gets rid of all the bulky theme options, favoring an easy setup with an exquisite look right out of the box! With full MarketPress support, creating an e-Commerce site is easier than ever before!
SimpleMarket is the ultimate, easy to set up MarketPress theme you’ll ever see and it works perfectly well for regular WordPress sites too!
But lacking options doesn’t mean it’s lacking any punch!
Take a look at the powerful features built into this simple theme!
- Responsive design that easily adapts to a variety of screen sizes and devices
- Full support for Post Formats
- Editor style support means your posts will look the same in your editor as when they’re displayed on the front-end
- Built in MarketPress styles
- Sleek fonts with full Google fonts integration
- Custom header and custom background
- Custom menu support to make menu setup as easy as possible
Expertly coded with HTML5 and only the finest in web standards, SimpleMarket comes ready-made to begin work after install – with literally no options to get in your way. You can be assured a clean and professional look for your MarketPress e-commerce site.
Full shopping cart styling already completed for you! Check it out:
We should also mention, special attention was placed on intuitive structure allowing your visitors to browse products and make purchases easily!
SimpleMarket gloriously implements the best practices in responsive design. This means your site looks amazing on your iPad, smartphone, or any other device!
This theme has been localized for easy translation. Using the theme’s MO and PO and a newly included .pot file, you can quickly translate the design without having to hunt through the theme’s PHP files to change each word.
Installing a theme from WPMU DEV
1. Download the theme file
2. Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive
3. Upload the folder to /wp-content/themes/ folder on your site
- If you’re using multi-site you’ll need to visit Network Admin -> Themes and Activate it there.
4. Make sure your install path is correct for example:
5. You’ll see several files and folders depending on the theme package. Most themes contain a folder for the parent and child theme within the folder called themes.
- Note that the SimpleMarket theme does not have a child-theme included so, if you need one, you will have to create one. See here for more on child-themes, and here for how to create one.
6. Launch FileZilla or your FTP client – read more about using FTP and FTP clients here.
7. Enter your domain name, your username and password.
NOTE: the same username and password that you use to log into your cPanel.
8. Click Quickconnect
9. Upload both the parent theme folder and child theme folder to wp-content/themes/
- For example, with BuddyPress Daily theme you need to upload bp-daily and bp-daily-child to wp-content/themes/ (bp-daily folder is the parent theme folder)
- With Gallery you need to upload gallery and gallery-child to wp-content/themes/ (gallery folder is the parent theme folder)
- We provide child themes with themes to enable you to customize your own files without having those changes overwritten when we update a theme.
- To find out more about parent and children themes please visit our guide to parent and child themes.
10. Dragging the theme folders from your computer into theme folder in your WordPress directory uploads these new themes to your WordPress install however they aren’t enabled on a WordPress Multisite install.
11. As Super Admin user on WordPress Multisite you have the choice to enable:
a) The theme network wide so that all users can use the theme
b) Enable access to the theme on a per site basis
c) Use Supporter plugin via supporter-themes.php to make it available as a premium theme for supporter sites only
Enabling The Theme network wide
Here’s how to enable Sleek Photo network wide so that all your users can use the theme:
1. On your Network Admin dashboard click on the Themes menu
2. Select Network Enable underneath the theme name to enable its access network wide.
To enable more than one theme at once:
Enabling themes on a per site basis
Any theme that has not been activated for the entire network can be activated on a site as follows:
1. Locate the site you want to enable specific themes on by searching for the specific site by clicking on Sites > All Sites
2. Once you have located the site click on Edit (hovering your mouse over the domain name brings up the action menu)
3. Click the Themes tab
Only themes that haven’t been enabled network wide appear on the site theme list
You can also enable more than one theme at the same time:
Using Pro Sites Plugin for Premium Themes
The Pro Sites plugin allows you to select premium themes for Pro Sites sites only.
The idea is you make the best and nicest themes available on Pro Sites sites so users will want to sign up to access the themes.
Install the Pro Sites plugin as per the installation instructions.
How it works is:
1. A Premium Themes module can be enabled in the Network Admin under Pro Sites, where you can select the themes that you want to enable for Pro Sites sites only.
- Only themes that haven’t been enabled network wide on Network Admin >Themes will be listed on this page