Compatibility WordPress 4.2.2 Multisite 4.2.2 BuddyPress 2.3.2
"I'm in love with WPMU DEV. It's an everlasting resource for almost everything you need to run a WP site beyond excellence."
Slide In creates eye catching marketing messages that grab your audience and convert them to your product or service.
Slide In MailChimp subscription forms, ads, images, related posts and custom calls to action. Be sure users see important messages or build your mailing list without using annoying pop-ups.
Big Animated Design
Built for Sharing
Convert more users, get your message heard or build your mailing list faster with Slide In.
For help and information on installing plugins you can view our Installing WordPress Plugins Manual.
Once you activate the plugin, you will see a menu appear on the left labeled Slide In.
You will see three sub-menus appear when you click on the menu item. We will tackle each separately.
Clicking this will show you all your current “Slide Ins,” as we’ll call them (i.e. your messages).
From here, you can:
- Create new Slide Ins
- Edit existing Slide Ins
- Trash messages (so they stop being shown on your website)
- See their Pool Status*
- See the conditions in which each Slide In gets shown
*Pool Status is whether your slide in is globally visible, or only visible for a particular post.
Adding a Slide In is as easy as creating a post. In fact, any information you enter in the Editor Box will show up in the Slide In, including formatting. You can use headers, lists, links, bold and italic styles and they will all work. You can even include images!
Here’s where you dictate what goes in your Slide In. You can even choose to display related entries from any custom taxonomy.
If you want a rich text message like the one below, then use this option and put whatever you’d like into the Editor (just like writing a regular post).
If you use MailChimp, we’ve built in a subscription form that automatically connects to your MailChimp account. Enter your API key, select the list you want people to subscribe to. We do the rest!
Your MailChimp Slide In will then look something like this:
The last option is related posts. The related posts option uses WordPress’s default tagging system to pull in posts. Simply select this, then choose the number of posts to show and whether to use thumbnails or not.
Your Related Posts Slide In should look something like this:
Global Settings contain the following:
- Default behavioural settings
- Appearance settings
- Social integration options
- MailChimp API list to subscribe to
- Additional CSS to be used for every new Slide In
- Advanced settings for shortcodes and widgets
We’ll go through the sections below.
These settings dictate at what point on a page your Slide In gets shown.
There are three options in the Behaviour Settings that give you loads of flexibility.
- Firstly, you can set the Slide In to show when a reader is a certain amount of distance down a page. So if you want to target people that get halfway through your article, you set 50%.
- Secondly, you can enter an ID that once scrolls past the top of the window (e.g. the #comments div), the Slide In shows itself.
- Finally, you can target people that have been on a page for X-amount of seconds. For example, if you want to target people that are truly reading your article top to bottom, you can enter 60 seconds so only readers that have read for a minute see your Slide In.
After you set what should trigger the Slide In, you then choose the rules for closing the message. See below:
Here you select the position, width of the Slide In, whether you want it to have rounded or square edges, if it’s light or dark themed and the key color to go with it.
You can also add Social Media share options, along with a default MailChimp API List Key to send subscribers too, as well as any extra CSS you wish to add to modify the Slide In.
These are all pretty self explanatory, and so instead of showing the actual settings page, we’ll give some screenshots of different configurations.
Slide In Features
Slide In is versatile and fully-customizable.
- Promote products without using annoying pop-ups
- Grow your subscriber and mailing lists
- MailChimp list integration
- Display a custom message at the end of a post
- Show messages based on conditions
- Toggle styling control
- Position to reveal left, right, top or bottom
- Time delayed messages
- Built-in social sharing
- Promote the content on your site
- Use shortcodes in promotional messages
- Create a Slide In using widgets
- Display Slide Ins on MarketPress virtual pages