Compatibility Multisite 4.2.2 BuddyPress 2.3.2
"WPMU DEV is a one-stop shop for developers looking for trustworthy, stable and effective plugins."
Tag Feed takes advantage of Post Indexer to create an RSS feed for every tag and category on your Multisite or BuddyPress network.
Create a Global Feed
Ideal for creating global RSS feeds across your network that anyone can subscribe to.
Tag Feed lets you cater RSS feed content to the needs of your users’. Give readers the ability to subscribe to content marked by a specific tag.
Reach Across an Entire Network
If posts are made, on two different sites on the same network, with matching tags or categorizes both posts will appear in the tags feed.
Here are some examples of how Tag Feed can enhance your network:
- Integrate with themes that pull RSS feeds onto its homepage
- Add it to a third-party RSS feed widget in the sidebar of your site
- Allow readers to subscribe to only the topics that interest them
Powered by Post Indexer
Install Post Indexer by WPMU DEV and Tag Feed. Then upload the included tag-feed.php file to your wp-content folder and your new feed is created. See the new feed
To Get Started:
Important: the Post Indexer plugin must be installed and activated on your site before installing this plugin.
Once the Tag Feed plugin is installed, move the tag-feed.php file from your plugins folder to your wp-content folder.
Now network-activate the plugin. Your new feed will be created at:
You can check that it is working correctly by:
Step 1: Publishing a few new posts with the category or tag you want to create a feed.
Step 2: Checking the feed by going to the tag feed URL in your web browser.
- It can take some time for the first few posts to appear in the tag feed URL in your web browser and normally takes longer to feed through to RSS readers like Google Reader.
- So if your posts don’t appear in the tag feed when first published check again in an hour.
- The tag feed displays feed from public sites only. Posts from privates sites aren’t displayed.