Compatibility bbPress 1.2
We heard you liked the Edublogs.org theme… so we decided that we’d release, just for you, the Edublogs forums theme too… powered by bbPress.
It’s a quality theme, designed, redesigned and developed entirely with great user experience in mind, and incorporating the same avatars that users upload to Edublogs (using our custom avatars plugin).
Simply upload this to your bbPress installation (into /bb-templates/) , along with the bbpress avatars plugin included in our Avatars plugin pack (into /my-plugins/) and you’ll be away!
Note: This theme is for bbPress 1.1, not the most current WordPress plugin version.
1. Download and unzip the downloaded file
- Please note the themes are contained within a zip file inside the folder you unzipped and you will need to unzip this file also.
- For example, with BuddyPress Daily theme you need to also unzip buddypress-daily-theme-1
- With The Edublogs Forums bbPress Theme you need to also unzip the-edublogs-forums-bbpress-theme-1.0.5
2. You’ll see several files and folders depending on the theme
package. Most themes contain a folder called themes.
3. Launch FileZilla or your FTP client – read more about using FTP and FTP clients here.
4. Enter your domain name, your username and password. NOTE: the
same username and password that you use to log into your cPanel.
5. Click Quickconnect
6. Upload eduBB folder to bb-templates folder on your site
9. Dragging the theme folders from your computer into theme folder
of your site uploads these new themes to your bbPress forum however
they aren’t enabled.
10. To change themes you need to log into your admin in bbPress.
11. Go to Design and click on the name of the theme you want to activate.